[ABD] Activity MOD

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
alegis gensan

Post by alegis gensan »

dang i'm getting that error each time..I used the highscore db update, whats wrong?
alegis gensan

Post by alegis gensan »

Btrenary wrote: ya...it works for flash games now.

as for my problem with the high scores giving me a

Code: Select all

Template->loadfile(): No file specified for handle body
I fixed it by modifing my cookie settings.

what exactly did you do? When i cleared my cookies i could play it again and save, but NOT ALWAYS

Something i noticed, when I was in the "GAME SAVED" page, and i right mouse click 'back' (to play the game again) it gives me the template loadfile error. And when i launch it from the activity page it didn't, this is weird since they're the same page

Perhaps from this the problem can be found?
fleccy

Post by fleccy »

since this mod doesnt like phpbb 2.0.7 i modded the install file to work with 2.0.7 so it works http://members.lycos.co.uk/feetachatmod/mod_install.zip to download right click then save target as

wiredmail

OK

Post by wiredmail »

Hey all, This is where i am at.. I have completely ported the Activtiy Mod to Work with Phpnuke and will release it here after i figure this one thing out. Now i need to edit the url the swf redirects to record scores. Currently because the game is run from the url http://domain.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=game.... when you finish playing the game the swf redirects to http://domain.com/newscore.php.. with all the other variables. I either need an example of what to edit in a .fla file or someone change all the urls in the games and send them over to :: modules.php?name=Forums&file=newscores&mode=check_score&game_name=hexxagon&score="+score

Some one Please Help,
Wiredmail,
alegis gensan

Post by alegis gensan »

I don't think it's wise to change the url the game refers to..but if you need help with that i recommend you contact spidy (he doesnt speak so well english though and uses translation sites) he made almost all the games and he told me once how to do it but i aint that good with flash. http://der-spidy.de

about my problem:
I used the highscore db update (only 1 highscore per user, the highest) and I removed all the duplicate score saves in the database. Now I see that in the mixed up highscores I just delete those that are out of their place it would be fine, but i can't test if it works then for saving since i always get

and if i already had a score and its lower, i'd get the normal reply for the update thing "score aint higher, aint updated"

Please help? see my previous posts for log in info
whoo

Post by whoo »

wiredmail,

i will not change the url's that the games i have modded call. I didnt mod the games to work for phpnuke, I modded them for use with phpbb. I apologize, but thats just the way it is.

Having said that, I have completed the first mini-putt game (full 18 hole golf course) Any takers?
Cryo
Name: Chris

Post by Cryo »

whoo i will take the mini golf :D
Majorflam

Post by Majorflam »

whoo wrote: wiredmail,

i will not change the url's that the games i have modded call. I didnt mod the games to work for phpnuke, I modded them for use with phpbb. I apologize, but thats just the way it is.

Having said that, I have completed the first mini-putt game (full 18 hole golf course) Any takers?

Yes please, whoo.
alegis gensan

Post by alegis gensan »

i'm interested!
see if you can find a minesweeper as well, that would be awesome

but.. can anyone please help me with teh errors? I can play though not save

And if you want me to i can make and host an easy download page with teh best games; alternate images and FAQ
whoo

Post by whoo »

miniputt :

http://www.kuclan.com/stuff/miniputt.zip

by the way, i use 50x50 images .. i didnt like the ones that were inside the earlier games.. those can all be gotten here

http://www.kuclan.com/stuff/images.zip
Last edited by whoo on Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alegis gensan

Post by alegis gensan »

I have found a fix!

the problem is that the game looks for the template files IN ITS OWN FOLDER, if you put the template files in the games directory, it works
(hurray!)

which raises me another question, to save filespace, can I put all the games in one folder? (games/)

edit: dangit..it did work for a while but then it appears at random intervals again
Cryo
Name: Chris

Post by Cryo »

Thanks whoo works perfect :wink: Shot a 54 :cry:

whoo

Post by whoo »

yw, cryo, my best is a 38 8O
Majorflam

Post by Majorflam »

Any more good games, whoo?

BTW, I take it we reverse high scores for Mini Putt?
HitDoS

Post by HitDoS »

Ok, I swear, I have read this entire thread from page 1. Although I see that some people also experience the

Template->make_filename(): Error - file does not exist

message, I have yet to see a way to get rid of it. I am pretty sure it has something to do with me not havein a .tpl file in the correct place, but I am not certain.

All the games work fine (Some from TOZ, some from spidey) and the score are working, but noone gets a high score bonus and the message above pops up at the end of every game. I am sure they are connected, right?

Can anyone just give a clear explanation on where (if any) these .tpl files should go. In each game directory? The Root directory? None of the above?

Aside from that error, everything else is working perfect.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”