[ABD] Activity MOD

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
alegis gensan

Post by alegis gensan »

Yours is different from mine though, i get Template->loadfile(): No file specified for handle body

try setting up this mod; it's merely changing one segment of code;
http://www.phpbbhacks.com/viewhack.php?id=2210

it will say what file is missing; For me it doesnt work since i got handle body
whoo

Post by whoo »

HitDoS wrote: Can anyone just give a clear explanation on where (if any) these .tpl files should go. In each game directory? The Root directory? None of the above?

Aside from that error, everything else is working perfect.

I cannot speak for anyone but myself, however I am NOT using ANY additional .tpl files.. I se this up initially, exactly the way the mod install said to .. and when i started looking at games, whicg included .tpl files in the zips, I merely ignored the extra .tpl files for the specific games. Mind you, I am only using flash games, i dont know if that makes a differnce. Also, Im using newscores php (i think thats included in the mod zip) If not, it is somewhere in this thread. ALL i know, is im not using any game .tpl's and im also not having any trouble or error messages.
alegis gensan

Post by alegis gensan »

i was looking at my newscore and i found
""U_SPIELTRIEB" => append_sid("viewforum." . $phpEx . "?f=287"))"

of course i was surprised to see it since its not in the original, and modded it again.. i can't believe i did this earlier. Stupid stupid me

If you're using the highscore db update (only 1 score per user) here's the newscore (i saved it as .txt so you can view ut, set it as php to upload)
http://users.skynet.be/alegis/newscore.txt

I'll promise to make that page after my exams.. things it would have;
most popular/best games with alternate sets of images for in the games menu, FAQ, update things, different layout template files to use for the games menu, language changes and preview pages (pages where the mod is set so ppl can try it). how about it?
LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

Thanks again for the great game. Keep them coming! 8)
alegis gensan

Post by alegis gensan »

Does someone know if this is any good, it's a modification which would improve the cheater session thing.
http://www.der-spidy.de/dload.php?action=file&id=89
LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

alegis gensan wrote: Does someone know if this is any good, it's a modification which would improve the cheater session thing.
http://www.der-spidy.de/dload.php?action=file&id=89

I've been using it and seems to work good, although the cheater *cough* Rat :lol: hasn't returned to test yet and I have no idea how the "hole" worked to test myself.
alegis gensan

Post by alegis gensan »

hmm well, my yanking is not over yet it seems

Still, for no good reason, the highscores still get messed up. I have no clue why :?:

(http://onzeklas.no-ip.com username/password: test/test)

(off topic; laZeR, how did you get that top used smilies statistic thing to work? it wont record here)
Lightfeather

Post by Lightfeather »

I have a user that has special characters in his name and when the program tries to record his high score it throws and error and he isn't recorded. I told him I'd change his name to one without the special characters so he could play the game and get scores but here was the message:

Code: Select all

Couldn't insert score 

DEBUG MODE 

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'al'i'ki', '6', '1080251750')' at line 2 

INSERT INTO phpbb_ina_scores (game_name, player, score, date) VALUES ('snakeneave', 'Krum M'al'i'ki', '6', '1080251750') 

Line : 122 
File : /home/feather/lightfeather-www/pso/newscore.php
whoo

Post by whoo »

kickups:

http://www.kuclan.com/stuff/kickups.zip

simple game, addictive too
Cryo
Name: Chris

Post by Cryo »

Thanks again whoo very addictive :lol:
eskimo10

Post by eskimo10 »

Besides spidey's site, is there another place I can get games?
LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

whoo wrote: yw, cryo, my best is a 38 8O

:lol: Uhmm, How do I say this. :lol:

You know the scoring recording & reward system work arse backwards with the way you have this saving the score? Another words, the more you suck, the more you win! Say I shoot a 60 (which stinks), then later I shoot a 34 (which owns). Guess which score not only rewards but sticks to the top :oops:
whoo

Post by whoo »

Im assuming your talking about mini-putt? The goal of golf is to have a low score. if you happened to look in the ACP when you add or edit games:

Reverse Highscore Listing
-:- Set this to yes if you wish to list the lowest scores first.

Having said that, I didnt write the game, i didnt write the mod. I dont know what you are doing, but miniputt doesnt "save" scores.. you play 18 holes and THAT score is sent. If you want to reverse the listing, follow the instructions in the ACP. And if something else doesnt work take it up with the mod author, please. All I have done is provide a way to send scores
LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

whoo wrote: Im assuming your talking about mini-putt? The goal of golf is to have a low score.

Yes, exactly what I meant.
whoo wrote: if you happened to look in the ACP when you add or edit games:
Reverse Highscore Listing
-:- Set this to yes if you wish to list the lowest scores first.

Good idea, had not thought of that.
whoo wrote: Having said that, I didnt write the game, i didnt write the mod. I dont know what you are doing, but miniputt doesnt "save" scores.. you play 18 holes and THAT score is sent. If you want to reverse the listing, follow the instructions in the ACP. And if something else doesnt work take it up with the mod author, please. All I have done is provide a way to send scores

whoo, I did not point that out to insult or blame you for the way it works but I also was not sure you realized how it worked as it is. I found it funny when I first discovered this actually. Thus why I used this guy = :lol: . If you are using points or any rewards system with the games though I think what I said is still worthy of mention so others realize how someone with some time on their hands could purposely rack up their reward by missing the hole(s).

No hard feelings ok? Sorry you took it as criticism, if you pan back up the page and back a couple, you will see I have appreciated your time in making these games work with the activities system. Have a Image mate!

PS: I'll just disable the charge & rewards for this one, its still a keeper. :wink:
salty78

Post by salty78 »

I'm not using any additional .tpl files either. Right now I have 18 games installed.
meh

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”