[ABD] Activity MOD

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Lightfeather

Post by Lightfeather »

Narc0sis wrote:
Lightfeather wrote:I know swf isn't java, but I have flash AND java games and whereas the swf games ARE working, the java one's are not. swf isn't an issue but I can't get any dang java things to work so I just junked them all and am going to stick with flash.

i know whatcha mean. i could never get moon patrol to store high scores and the puzzle bobble game wont either. Anyone have the fixed versions of either of these?

Only java game i could get to really work right was mahjongg

hey thanks for all the cool flash games whoo, keep em comin 8)

-edit, lightfeather heres a cool flash version of tetris, and it does save your score

http://www.deviantcore.com/tetris3.zip

I found a load of flash games here...

http://www.der-spidy.de/dload.php?actio ... b3e1a2152a

like over 80 of them and you can try them all out here:

http://www.der-spidy.de/activity.php

I think I got my moonlander from here and I found the tetris3.zip here as well =-) Spidy rules =)

(I just wish he had a better asteroids version, the ship on the version he has up for download is HUGEMONGOUS)

Also, users on my forums were getting too many 'cheater' messages and it was screwing up their highscores and stuff when they didn't know what they did wrong (I got this message a few times to my frustration) so I turned it off. Now I still get the emails that indicates they were attempting to 'cheat' and they get a "no template" error and doesn't record their highscore.

If I turn off the email notifications will that stop happening? They are using browsers like foxfire and safari and stuff. Would that be part of the problem as well?

PS where can I download the 'fix' for the moonlander highscore issue?
Narc0sis

Post by Narc0sis »

Lightfeather wrote:
Narc0sis wrote:
Lightfeather wrote:I know swf isn't java, but I have flash AND java games and whereas the swf games ARE working, the java one's are not. swf isn't an issue but I can't get any dang java things to work so I just junked them all and am going to stick with flash.

i know whatcha mean. i could never get moon patrol to store high scores and the puzzle bobble game wont either. Anyone have the fixed versions of either of these?

Only java game i could get to really work right was mahjongg

hey thanks for all the cool flash games whoo, keep em comin 8)

-edit, lightfeather heres a cool flash version of tetris, and it does save your score

http://www.deviantcore.com/tetris3.zip

I found a load of flash games here...

http://www.der-spidy.de/dload.php?actio ... b3e1a2152a

like over 80 of them and you can try them all out here:

http://www.der-spidy.de/activity.php

I think I got my moonlander from here and I found the tetris3.zip here as well =-) Spidy rules =)

(I just wish he had a better asteroids version, the ship on the version he has up for download is HUGEMONGOUS)

Also, users on my forums were getting too many 'cheater' messages and it was screwing up their highscores and stuff when they didn't know what they did wrong (I got this message a few times to my frustration) so I turned it off. Now I still get the emails that indicates they were attempting to 'cheat' and they get a "no template" error and doesn't record their highscore.

If I turn off the email notifications will that stop happening? They are using browsers like foxfire and safari and stuff. Would that be part of the problem as well?

PS where can I download the 'fix' for the moonlander highscore issue?

as far as i knew, moonlander never worked for saving scores. ive only had the missing template thing happen with java mahjongg but when i got a newer version it fixed that. Ive got a bunch of games from spidy's site too, i actually made some cooler looking buttons for a bunch of games. Anyone interested in them? If so ill put up a zip of buttons. I wouldnt recommend using another browser besides ie to play the games, i had a user who used mozilla and said they didnt work with it. I tried myself, installed flash player to it too, wouldnt work for anything with mozilla.
robindr

Post by robindr »

Narc0sis wrote: I actually made some cooler looking buttons for a bunch of games. Anyone interested in them? If so ill put up a zip of buttons.

I'm interested. :)
alegis gensan

Post by alegis gensan »

for moonlander you must run the SQL changes in the zip

rtfm
Majorflam

Post by Majorflam »

Cryo wrote: I just hope you 2 can maybe get along :wink: 2 great minds can go along way Majorflam & Whoo Personally myself i have talked to whoo and never had any attitudes with me and was very helpfull.

Besides this is a place for everyone to enjoy and have some fun and i really thank whoo for his time in the gamming department.

Yes, I agree. Whoo is providing some good games, and I thank her for it.

There's no need for anymore confab between us, I'm sure we can move on.
Lightfeather

Post by Lightfeather »

rtfm my ass... The English download didn't come with one and when I downloaded the German one I got this and didn't understand it so I came here.
Install Moonlanding mit Zeitanzeige

nur eine Änderung in der DB

SQL Befehl ausführen

ALTER TABLE `Test_ina_scores` MODIFY `score` varchar ( 40 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL

Danach im ACP noch auf Hiscoreanzeige Rückwärtz anzeigen lassen einstellen

Thanks though. Anyhow, will entering "ALTER TABLE `Test_ina_scores` MODIFY `score` varchar ( 40 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL" Change everything? or just moonlander? I take care to move carefuly through the database because if I screw it up I'll just end up back here with more questions.
"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want."
Lightfeather

Post by Lightfeather »

Well I changed the table and also reset the highscores so it would start fresh and then beat the thing (with a horrible score) but even my crappy score didn't show up in the highscore list.

I just don't get it.
Lightfeather

Post by Lightfeather »

And now all my highscore lists are messed up. They don't list from highest to lowest anymore:

1 Krum 8598 Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:21 am
2 Lightfeather 7285 Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:16 pm
3 Krum 7212 Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:35 am
4 skuppy 46847 Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:29 pm
5 Lightfeather 420 Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:34 pm
6 Ianoia 3756 Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:17 pm
7 Marcallo 35265 Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:14 pm
8 ved 34467 Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:14 pm
9 Marcallo 33657 Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:31 pm
10 ved 336 Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:06 am
11 Krum 32830 Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:08 pm
12 Krum 3190 Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:26 am
13 Marcallo 30849 Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:31 pm
14 Metostopholes 23617 Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:54 am
15 Munki 2303 Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:54 pm
16 Krum 1930 Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:29 am
17 Ianoia 19234 Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:58 pm
18 ved 19123 Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:13 am
19 skuppy 18137 Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:09 pm
20 Ianoia 16710 Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:32 pm

It says krum is number one when skuppy got a much higher score. How do I get it to go back to the way it was?
Lightfeather

Post by Lightfeather »

I changed it back to "`score` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',"

and it works again. I'd rather have moonlander not record a highscore than phuck up all the other highscore listings.
LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

Thanks again whoo. Both this and the baseball are actually giving me quite a challenge and are nice additions. :wink: Keep them coming as your time permits. Much appreciated.
[Cinder777]

Post by [Cinder777] »

I have phpbb2.0.5 and a VERY HEAVILY modded board. So i can't upgrade.

Is it at all possible to install this mod with 2.0.5??

I did this:

Code: Select all

find:

if ($row['config_value'] != '.0.6') 

replace with Code: 

if ($row['config_value'] != '.0.5')
but this just gave me the following error when i clicked on my GAMES link:

Couldn't obtain game data 

DEBUG MODE 

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'animec35_.phpbb_ina_games' doesn't exist 

SELECT * FROM phpbb_ina_games ORDER BY game_id DESC LIMIT 0, 20 

Line : 315 
File : /home/animec35/public_html/activity.php 
Does anyone know how to fix the above error or how to install it properly on phpbb2.0.5 ???

Your help would be very much appreciated.

thankyou!!
Narc0sis

Post by Narc0sis »

[Cinder777] wrote: I have phpbb2.0.5 and a VERY HEAVILY modded board. So i can't upgrade.

Is it at all possible to install this mod with 2.0.5??

I did this:

find:

if ($row['config_value'] != '.0.6') 

replace with Code: 

if ($row['config_value'] != '.0.5')
but this just gave me the following error when i clicked on my GAMES link:

Couldn't obtain game data 

DEBUG MODE 

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'animec35_.phpbb_ina_games' doesn't exist 

SELECT * FROM phpbb_ina_games ORDER BY game_id DESC LIMIT 0, 20 

Line : 315 
File : /home/animec35/public_html/activity.php 
Does anyone know how to fix the above error or how to install it properly on phpbb2.0.5 ???

Your help would be very much appreciated.

thankyou!!

try reading your errors more closely

"Table 'animec35_.phpbb_ina_games' doesn't exist"

looks like youre missing this table in your database

You can install this mod on any phpbb board, i have

if you ask me, it looks like you started over with the same files but not the same database
[Cinder777]

Post by [Cinder777] »

Narc0sis, i don't understand what your saying. I installed this like the install.txt said to.

The table is there, as i went to phpmyadmin and checked myself. I tried to install it straight out and it said you need 2.0.6 to install, i have 2.0.5 so i just made that change above.

But as you can see i get that table missing error, when it is definately there. Can you list me the exact SQL queries i need and i will try re-doing manually unless you know of something i am doing wrong?
LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

[Cinder777] wrote: The table is there, as i went to phpmyadmin and checked myself. I tried to install it straight out and it said you need 2.0.6 to install, i have 2.0.5 so i just made that change above.

Check your constants.php file and make sure the table has been defined. Should be near or at the very end. Re-Check install instructions
[Cinder777]

Post by [Cinder777] »

I'm not great with these things, how would i know if it's been defined?

thanks

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”