[ABD] Activity MOD

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
[Cinder777]

Post by [Cinder777] »

doing that usually brings up a template error doesn't it? (maybe that's just the way i initially tried it)

Also, the way i did it never generated a cheating email.
whoo

Post by whoo »

well, that way only works if you call it from arcade.php or whatever that page that is.. Ive renamed mine, so im not sure what its called by defualt now.

Like I said though, Ive lost interest in knowing, eventually it will get fixed, and in the meantime, our forum has no cheaters.
Narc0sis

Post by Narc0sis »

robindr wrote:
Narc0sis wrote:I actually made some cooler looking buttons for a bunch of games. Anyone interested in them? If so ill put up a zip of buttons.

I'm interested. :)

here you go, ive taken buttons from spidy's site and other sources and put them together to make them look a little more like phpbb style. theyre all partially transparent gifs, heres a few examples

the zip has 19 buttons for various games in it. you can get it at http://www.deviantcore.com/activitybuttons.zip
alegis gensan

Post by alegis gensan »

Great work guys.. i'll be working on a quick simple site later today
alegis gensan

Post by alegis gensan »

Lightfeather wrote:
alegis gensan wrote:
Lightfeather wrote:I changed it back to "`score` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',"

and it works again. I'd rather have moonlander not record a highscore than phuck up all the other highscore listings.

Thanks lightfeather! i suspected monlander beeing the guilty one but didnt know how to fix it

edit: dang! i always get this error in mysql:

Code: Select all

SQL-query :  

ALTER TABLE `phpbb_ina_scores` CHANGE `score` `score` INT( 10 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL 

MySQL retourneerde: 

Can't create table './admin_oz/#sql-49ca_c002.frm' (errno: 140)
??

There are two different places where you could have changed this. There is phpbb_ina_scores and iNA_SCORES They both need to match. I found that out. I did the moonlander mod for both of those and you can't just change one. You have ot make sure they sync up. I have no idea why they are duplicated but they are and they are both necessary.

if iNA_SORES has the moonlander patch on it but you reverted the phpbb_ina_scores to what it was before without fixing the other one you'll throw an error =/

I also didn't enter the "`score` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0'," into the sql dump window in phpmyadmin. I actually went to the specified table and hand changed back the variables. I didn't trust the dump window to move things back the way they should.

well i only got phpbb_ina_scores and when i go to structure and wish to edit scores, and change varchar in that dropdown list to INT i get that error :?:
alegis gensan

Post by alegis gensan »

i'm working on it, i uploaded a preview here (only home and download are up)
i'm still working on the site template, optimalising it for downlaods etc.. Whoo do i have your permission to put your games in downloads? (i put chopper and minigolf already to adjust the template)
basic intention of the site; to privde a clear, nice download list (without having to turn off firewall and all that, or registration) with description, screenshots and perhaps next to it times downloaded and maybe a rating (which visitors will be able to change) and a FAQ
waddaya think so far? when its done ill let it mention thats its an unofficial page since now when i overlook it it looks like one.. many template changes have to be done (it looks to monotonous)..
transm

Post by transm »

the latest security fix is not working. I can still cheat the score (I followed the install.txt correctly).

I would mod the flash games to write to a file (if writing to the database is too problematic) and the newscore.php file could then check the score in the file on the server!
Lightfeather

Post by Lightfeather »

alegis gensan wrote: well i only got phpbb_ina_scores and when i go to structure and wish to edit scores, and change varchar in that dropdown list to INT i get that error :?:

Strange... When I installed I got six new database entries. Did you only get three?
"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want."
whoo

Post by whoo »

alegis gensan wrote: Whoo do i have your permission to put your games in downloads?..

Certainly, theyre not my games.. I will, however continue to post them here as they are modded. I might even go so far as to make that particular directory browsable, since ppl seem to be VERY curious about what is there (looking at the server logs as I type)
Broken Staple

Post by Broken Staple »

This looks fantastic! I have only one question:

is there a way to stop users from starting threads in certain forums if their points level drops below a specified number?
alegis gensan

Post by alegis gensan »

transm wrote: the latest security fix is not working. I can still cheat the score (I followed the install.txt correctly).

I would mod the flash games to write to a file (if writing to the database is too problematic) and the newscore.php file could then check the score in the file on the server!
that would be the only solution i can think of so far... how does v3arcade solve this?
Strange... When I installed I got six new database entries. Did you only get three?

Yes and i cant change the value.... Perhaps if i deleted it and added it back, but would that delete the score value for all scores already stored in the database?
Majorflam

Post by Majorflam »

Every new game I now add, doesn't seem to give the high score rewards.

Is there a fix for this?
fleccy

Post by fleccy »

couldnt you fix the cheating with permissions? well kind of a fix but can be worked around but stops the common idiot
whoo

Post by whoo »

checking the score via a file that has been written to wouldnt solve much, as far as I can see. All thats accomplished by that is adding a middle man of sorts to the proccess. Whether you write immediately to the db, or write after checking a file.. think about it.. there is NO way to tell if a score is legit using that method, anymore than the current method. vbull's two arcade hacks solve this by opening the game in the same page, for one thing.. the mod could be rewritten, using switches within the main page to load the games, record scores, etc..Ive thought about playing around with it, but bah, its not in my job description, and anyway, rat seems to think I wouldnt be able to. He knows me better than I do apparantly -- so ill just stick to perl and tcl :P
whoo

Post by whoo »

actually fleccy.. you gave me an idea.. Ill let you know if my idea has any merit within the hour :)

i looked at my server logs.. and something occured to me ..newscores.php when called via a game doesnt send a referrer.. a simple but stupid fix would be to add a hidden referrer.. of course that too could be defeated with a little more snooping, if someone were so inclined.

Of course the other thing vbulls's does is record the session time, using a SID, I see it and end up removing it when ive modded their games. The SID starts when the game is opened and lasts until the score is sent, if i looked at it right. I spose a random SID, without the session time included would work as well.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”