[BETA] Megamail 0.9.6 (was 'Split MassMail in Chunks 0.9.2')

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
mre03

Post by mre03 » Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:36 pm

easy install, just had a quick question, i havent tried to mass email yet and i know this may sound stupid, but i was wondering what

100 meant and the 10 S. meant in the boxes

thanks

asinshesq
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq » Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:51 pm

mre03 wrote: easy install, just had a quick question, i havent tried to mass email yet and i know this may sound stupid, but i was wondering what

100 meant and the 10 S. meant in the boxes

thanks

100 is the number of emails that get sent out in each batch and 10 S is the number of seconds the program pauses between batches so that it can 'fool' the smtp server into allowing the mass mail.

mre03

Post by mre03 » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:06 pm

thanks for the info!

mre03

Post by mre03 » Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:44 am

R. U. Serious wrote: Yes, don't use what is in the first post. As I clearly wrote:
This was discontinued and replaced with a more sophisticated mod, see below: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 729#561729

discontinued, replaced with megamail 04. May 03
updated to 0.9.2 25. April 2003
updated to 0.9.1 24. April 2003

That first post hasn't been touched for about a year... ;)

i just installed and tried sending mail and i get this error:

Code: Select all

Could not find email template file :: admin_send_email

DEBUG MODE

Line : 111
File : d:\www\i\m\import-store.com\www\forum\includes\emailer.php
couldnt pin point the problem when i was reading this thread.

can anyone help out?

Thanks!

R. U. Serious

Post by R. U. Serious » Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:32 pm

I assume you get the exact same problem when you try to send Mass-Mail through phpBB's own Massmail-Page, is this correct?

The file it cannot find is part of the default phpBB-distribution, it should be located in:

language/lang_english/email/admin_send_email.tpl

It is the template for the email that gets send. If you are using another language pack, please look in the appriate path. (IIRC it is the default-board language that counts in this circumstance...).

mre03

Post by mre03 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:31 am

yeah i get the same problem using the regular one, thats why i used the mega mail, but as far as the language pack, im not using any, so im still not sure what i need to do, to resolve it.

mre03

Post by mre03 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:14 am

mre03 wrote: yeah i get the same problem using the regular one, thats why i used the mega mail, but as far as the language pack, im not using any, so im still not sure what i need to do, to resolve it.

actually i think i just figured it out when you told me, because i had another small error. When i backed up the forum and reuploaded to the ftp it forgot to somehow upload the email folder in the language folder section. Once i uploaded it, all new registrants and the mega mail seems to be working fine. Sorry for any hassle and thanks again!

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:51 pm

Just a complement to the author. I installed it and tested it and sent a mail to 1700 members in chunks of 100. Works perfectly (after the small correction), even in safe mode using mail().

I do think the download should be updated and should include some instruction on using other templates and languages because otherwise most of the questions (which were answered in this topic) will be asked again.

BTW tested on three sites with different versions of PHP and MySQL (all on 2.0.8a).
My board's not broken, it just went peculiar

timinrome

Post by timinrome » Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:42 pm

I've tried to download the file and having problems. On my PC, downloading the file opens my WinZip, but there's nothing in it. Downloading to my MAC opens up Dreamweaver and displayes the code in some weird font e.g.:-

admin/admin_megamail.phpÕZérÛF<pi>MWùÚ,&´´()ë–”dÊ¡$XfÂCK‚q?? C 1‡%e“wßî9?””u¶?*K&1====_Ÿƒ?o7‹çÏ<breve>/¿ÜÏóg/a?<=ã^hN’Ø,p!=÷±7¿I—Éõ?:'ÃyP¢ÓS¸ˆ£,—Œ‹º?J’-Qœ~‡3&cH??Ô:îÑÆ<sum>6>Ãflq?Ê84^

etc.

How exactly am I supposed to download and use the modification? Sorry if I'm being rather stupid here!!

OK, sussed it on the PC. Let's try it.....

Nope! Doesn't work! Can see Mega Mail option but then get message:

“Could not obtain list of email-sessions. If you want to create the table, click here to install”

I click there and then get:

“Directory Listing Denied
This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed."

So, what does that all mean? Help!!

R. U. Serious

Post by R. U. Serious » Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:40 am

britbob

Post by britbob » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:40 pm

I`ve downloaded the mod, unzipped the file.

From that, I uploaded the files into the correct places on phpBB2. I have checked the admin panel and the megamail link is there.

I click the link, it says ` Could not obtain list of email-sessions. If you want to create the table, click here to install`.

I follow exactly what it says but all it does is refresh to the index page. Then the link, and mass mail link all keep redirecting to the index page :?

I`m using the Athena template and 2.08.

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:55 pm

britbob wrote: I click the link, it says ` Could not obtain list of email-sessions. If you want to create the table, click here to install`.

I follow exactly what it says but all it does is refresh to the index page. Then the link, and mass mail link all keep redirecting to the index page :?

Wouldn't this be the problem solved here ?
My board's not broken, it just went peculiar

Kwikms

Post by Kwikms » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:11 am

This MOD works, but when I send an EMail, I got newlines after everyline.

So when I send out

Line 1
Line 2

It will be:

Line 1

Line2

What can I do against this?

Zarkow

Post by Zarkow » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:06 pm

warmweer wrote:
britbob wrote:I click the link, it says ` Could not obtain list of email-sessions. If you want to create the table, click here to install`.

Wouldn't this be the problem solved here ?

First: Just to make the author happy - great hack! ^^

Secondly: I had the same issue, and applied that solution and it _works_.

However, maybe it would be great if an updated version already had this. Eliminates the code-hassle for 'beginners' (not that I had an issue, but I see the question is being raised more then once).

A few tests to see wich batch-size my host could take later, and it worked like a charm.

R. U. Serious

Post by R. U. Serious » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:32 pm

Yes, I have to agree to your reasoned explanation. I fixed that issue in the download. (Neither URL, nor version-number has changed.)

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”