7/31/2003 - Version 0.9.4 is pretty much a complete rewrite. I saw that after adding all the checks for existing tags, and urls etc the previous method was more trouble than it was worth. So I changed it.
As of V0.9.4 acronyms are now parsed and added when the message is viewed.
This has two main:
* It makes newly added acronyms appear in old posts.
* It is much simpler to insure acronym tags are not inserted into the wrong place.
The only dis advantage is that it adds some more processing time to viewtopic.php.
7/8/2003 - Just finished doing some update work on this mod. I addressed some of the problems people have been having with the mod. And added a acronym listing page, which you can link to if you wish. See the install file for more information.
Today I started a new project, the Acronym Mod. This may have been done before, but I wanted to learn how to do it anyway. Basically this mod has two functions:
- To add a BBCode for acronyms.
- To add functionallity that will automatically add descriptions to acronyms in posts.
It seems to be working pretty well right now. Give it a try
* Allows users to define thier own acronyms by using the acronym BBCode.
* Automatically scans posts and adds descriptions to matched acronyms.
* Admin Control Panel to easily add/edit/remove acronyms.