[ABD] Full RPG mod

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Josh Windu

[ABD] Full RPG mod

Post by Josh Windu »

I have noticed that there are a lot of RPG mods wanted and/or made but the ones that I have seen wasnt what I wanted. If there is an enough intrest I will try to make a mod where you buy weapons (in the item shop) which have X power etc. Then in a battle room you can chanlenge other players to a fight, and the person who uses there weapons the best can win the fight. I hope to have it so the users have health and can have armor etc. and when your character dies you are out of the game and have to change your name and make a new character.

This will be my first ever officall phpBB mod, and I am still learning php, so it might take a very very long time.

I will be using already made mods like: Points system, Shop and RPG statistics

NOTE: I cant start this mod till the end of the month because I am going away for the week and because of our download limit, I need to wait. But I will start working on it on my computer, and hopefully have it on the net for testing latter.
Nitrotech - Alpha stage... Your own fully customisable forum! and site!
Dr DLP

Post by Dr DLP »

I hope this project will be relesaed a day .
Many projects like this one have never been finished .
If you're serious , I'm your man for beta or alpha testing . :D

Another thing : anyone can tell me , does the mod RPG statistics working on phpbb 2.0.4 ?
Antony

Post by Antony »

Nice, I'd be glad to see one finished.
I've Been Banned!
Josh Windu

Post by Josh Windu »

thats why I have taken this mod up because nobody has ever finished one.

So far the way it is going to work is:

Health: every player starts with 100% health
points: there will be points called gold or money (haven't chosen) you start off with 100 to buy your first weapons and when you win a fight you get 200, hopefully you will be able to set all of these limits on the admin panel.
Shop and items: In the shop you can buy your weapons and shields armor etc. when you set these in the admin panel other then the normal stuff like how much it costs you can also set "Attack Power" and "Defense Power" If you set the attack power to 20 (out of 100) and attack somebody it will take off 20 health off that player, but if they use a shield or armor that has 10 "Defense Power" it does 10 damage to the shield and stops 10 damage to the person. Each item can take damage every time it gets damaged its worth less so you cant get as much if you take it back to the shop.
Profile: In your profile you will be able to set character statistics, each stat is out of 10 and you will get limited stat points to spend. e.g. you could put 5 of your 20 stat points on "Sward skill" and the other points on something else. You can also upload a picture of your character
So far the things are:
Sward Skills
Defense Skills
Agility
I need some more ideas for this please.
Battle: This part will be the hardest and most complex. They way it works is you first find somebody to play, then you go into battle room which has a picture of your character and there character. In this room you select witch item you wish to use and so does the other player. When you have both chosen it says fighting (you can see this :?) when it is done it will come up with the "Fight Results" like. You used your sward, {player name} blocked you with his shield. you did 10 damage to him, and 10 damage to his shield.
Then you fight again

Some items can block and attack eg a sward could be set to 20 "Attack power" and 10 "Defense Power" and if you attacked somebody with the same item, it would do 10 damage to there sward and 10 damage to him, this would also happen to yourself.

In your profile if you set your sward skill to 5/10 it means that you wont get the full damage done to the other player, but sometimes you still can if you somehow hit them in the right spot (this is just random)

When fighting you can chose to attack or defend by which weapon you use, or you could use a weapon that does both.

When you win a battle you get 200 gold (this can be changed) and 50 skill points to spend in your profile.

If you lose you get a rank under your name saying "Died in battle". If you think you are going to die you can run away from the fight at any time. But if you do this you lose all your money to the other player.
If you do die you can always make a new character.

ok that sounds really confusing but it wont be when its done.
InfernalSiC

Post by InfernalSiC »

When you win a battle you get 200 gold (this can be changed) and 50 skill points to spend in your profile.

Is their a way to let the player set how much gold they wanna put down or they just want to fight and no gold is put on ?

If you lose you get a rank under your name saying "Died in battle". If you think you are going to die you can run away from the fight at any time. But if you do this you lose all your money to the other player.
If you do die you can always make a new character.

Instead of making a new character can u make a option like u pay certian gold to revive the charracter instead of making a new one? and also a option to heal the character if is damage for a amount og gold ?

And how about a record for all your wins and loses if thats not too hard to do
Josh Windu

Post by Josh Windu »

I dont think I will make putting gold down on a fight a feature because you win all there money when you kill them anyway, and if you did want to you could talk to the other user yourself.

yes I should be able to make a record of all wins and loses, but I dont think I will make the paying to come back alive a feture.

If you run away from a battle and your injured you will be able to get held for a certan price.
Zarath

Post by Zarath »

-_- do you plan on using my shop for this?
Josh Windu

Post by Josh Windu »

yes if that is ok with you. I will give you credit of course
Zarath

Post by Zarath »

Yeah, just if you're going to edit any of the shop files, you're going to need to redo whatever edits you do for the next version of it I release. I'm changing parts of the code that could effect it.
Josh Windu

Post by Josh Windu »

ok thanks a bunch!!

I will be changing it a lot so i am not sure if I will update it for your next realise but as long as it does what I want I dont need to update

thanks!
Josh Windu

Post by Josh Windu »

I need suggestions for the profile feilds for your character stats, stuff like Sward Skills, Defense Skills and Agility. That is all I have so far. I need some more please.

Also I was look at including the element mod. Any ideas how to use that. I could do it but I am not sure how it would work in the battle station. I am not sure if I need it but suggestions for use would be good thanks.
Antony

Post by Antony »

It would be a lot easier if you sued the xixsting shop, bank, lottery by Zareth, and the widly used Points system by eXplosive.

Would reduce your coding dramatically.

Just say they are required.
I've Been Banned!
Zarath

Post by Zarath »

Zarath :P Pronounced Zar-ruth :)
GreenCloud

Post by GreenCloud »

Sounds like fun. HURRY!
Spider Slay
I am too lazy to register

Post by Spider Slay »

Hmmmm, even though it sounds very promising, I have to say I don'thave much faith in it, there are tons off Topics like this and none off them where ever really started.....

If you, however, DO start it, and finish, just say I'm an asshole for not have faith....

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”