[BETA] rpgMOD V:1.0.1

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Darkyth

[BETA] rpgMOD V:1.0.1

Post by Darkyth »

-- rpgMOD is looking for programmers, and testers. --

Programmers must have a good sense of RPG. Must know how to program phpbb mods and have a mod already done to prove it.

Testers must have free time every day of the week. Atleast 30 minutes and all they are going to do is find bugs and report them. No files will be given, just a locked website with the forum and an account for them to use. ** After the basic runs are done and bugs are fixed.. I will be looking for more testers and will also give files out to select few **

rpgMOD
V: 1.0.1
----------------------------------------------------------
Current Features:
- Combat
-- Casting (Spells)
-- Melee (Weapons)
-- Defense (Armor)

- Clans
-- Take over Castles
-- Private Clan Forum

- Hp/Mp/EXP
-- HP: Health
-- MP: Mana
-- EXP: Experience

- Maps
-- Shops
-- Castles
-- Fighting Places
-- Tavern
-- and more!

- Tradeskills (Smithing, Jewelry, etc)
-- Goes up every time attempting to create something.

- Misc Features:
-- Elements (Idea from VBmod)
-- Alignment (Idea from VBmod)
-- Race: (Idea from VBmod)

I've used the following mods in rpgMOD:
(I used phpbbhacks.com / phpbb2.de to get mods/author information)
** - Point System: By Explosive
** - Shop: By Zarath
** - HP/MP/EXP: By Jon Borzilleri
- phpBB Favicon: By Matthijs van de Water <- :x
- Edit User's Post Count: By Explosive
- Gender Hack: By Niels Chr. Denmark
** - Admin Users List Hack: By Smartor
- File Attachment Hack: By Acyd Burn
- Default Avatar MOD: By Sven Ansem
*** - RPG System: By Darkyth

** These have been modded by Darkyth to fit the rpgmod forum needs. Al

*** RPG System includes: Combat System, Clans, Character Builder, Elements, Alignments [factions], races. I had made these from scratch using ideas and/or pictures from VB/php mods. I have given credit to all of them within the readme.

----------------------------------------------------------

I will put some more information up later, aswell more screenshots.
Expect release in a few weeks [2-3] if all goes according to plan.

Please contact me at:
E: ziot3@hotmail.com
A: Bbeer16

If you have questions, ideas, or are prog/test.

Thanks and i'm out,
- Darkyth

p.s. If I forgot anything, credits wrong.. it's 1:51 AM and a long day, just post a reply and i'll fix it tomorrow :roll:
Last edited by Darkyth on Mon May 05, 2003 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr DLP

Post by Dr DLP »

I'm an RPG expert !
Ready for the test .
Ocelot

Post by Ocelot »

May I do beta testing too? :)

I'm COMPLETELY available... its summer here! 8), I have nothing else to do! And, I have already installed, points,shop,stats MOD! My e-mail is: animeneofactor@yahoo.com :)
My forums are on: http://users.xeroanime.com/~anf/forums/ (I can do the testing here since its not too big yet :) )
Patrick

Re: [BETA] rpgMOD V:1.0.1

Post by Patrick »

Darkyth wrote: (I used phpbbhacks.com / phpbb2.de to get mods/author information)

That's some small text. :D
Patrick O'Keefe - ManagingCommunities.com
"why don't you just sign up with Patrick and create the "anti-phpBB" brigade"
thewizard

Re: [BETA] rpgMOD V:1.0.1

Post by thewizard »

Patrick wrote:
Darkyth wrote:(I used phpbbhacks.com / phpbb2.de to get mods/author information)

That's some small text. :D

(I used phpbbhacks.com / phpbb2.de to get mods/author information) there so we can all see what he is trying to hide :P
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

lol, I know, I know. :) Was just kidding.
Patrick O'Keefe - ManagingCommunities.com
"why don't you just sign up with Patrick and create the "anti-phpBB" brigade"
sagarssj

Post by sagarssj »

I want to test this Mod also :D .
Suede

Post by Suede »

I am available to help as well Darkyth - looks to be a lot of fun :)
Antony

Post by Antony »

You need code help?
I've Been Banned!
Darkyth

Post by Darkyth »

Phew! Thought I posted this in the wrong forum after reading the rules.. was like.. uh oh. :P

I'll try and get in contact with you all.. it'd be much appreciated if you could contact me first, would save a lot of time.

Some updates i've made today:
- You'll see it says Inactive on the screenshot. I don't know why the code went back, but i've fixed it so it shows Active.. WHEN YOUR ACTIVE! :P For some reason it back tracked.. I don't know why. :x

- Character creator.. you haven't seen a pic of it yet, i'll get one up - I fixed some minor problems with creation.. it wouldn't save the right stats sometimes leaving you at 0 which would kindve make.. you.. um.. dead! :P and aswell character images wouldn't show up.

I'm working on the attack system right now, i'm gonna get in contact with you guys - if anyone has some good ideas for combat system please tell me.. mines not that great, it was thrown together.

Oh yea! I'm also looking for some nice artists who could make some maps.. i'm taking screenshots right now so i'll show you wut that have to be like and why I need someone to make them instead of me :P
misterzell

Post by misterzell »

i want to be a tester too
my email is ff8world@iespana.es

and... there's a way to get u'r cool rpg mod?
Suede

Post by Suede »

Darkyth wrote: Phew! Thought I posted this in the wrong forum after reading the rules.. was like.. uh oh. :P

I'll try and get in contact with you all.. it'd be much appreciated if you could contact me first, would save a lot of time.

Some updates i've made today:
- You'll see it says Inactive on the screenshot. I don't know why the code went back, but i've fixed it so it shows Active.. WHEN YOUR ACTIVE! :P For some reason it back tracked.. I don't know why. :x

- Character creator.. you haven't seen a pic of it yet, i'll get one up - I fixed some minor problems with creation.. it wouldn't save the right stats sometimes leaving you at 0 which would kindve make.. you.. um.. dead! :P and aswell character images wouldn't show up.

I'm working on the attack system right now, i'm gonna get in contact with you guys - if anyone has some good ideas for combat system please tell me.. mines not that great, it was thrown together.

Oh yea! I'm also looking for some nice artists who could make some maps.. i'm taking screenshots right now so i'll show you wut that have to be like and why I need someone to make them instead of me :P

once you get the screenies up - if you need help with stuff like art Ill be happy to pitch in :)
Dedox

Post by Dedox »

I have sended one mail... (the Italian :D )

dedox@email.it
Darkyth

Post by Darkyth »

I've gotten a few emails.. sadly everyones looking for files. Right now i'm just looking for game testers on my forums.

Suede
If you know how to make good phpbb themes and could help me edit the subSilver to a .. uhm.. subRPG type mod :D it'd be nice. Because I started off working with the subsilver theme and kindve realized what I had done after doing 1/4 of my 1.0 ideas.

Also will need some characters, weapons, items, etc. little pictures to be made for the shop.

If you could contact me, i'll get in touch and talk to you when I start to need some of these things. But i'm looking mainly for code rather then content right now.
Darkyth

Post by Darkyth »

Image Removed.

This is the Character Creator. V:1.0
It sucks graphically, but it gets the job done :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated:
Last edited by Darkyth on Mon May 05, 2003 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”