[RC] 2.0.4/2.0.5 : Profile Controle Panel v 1.0.1

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

I've add the portuguese language to the pack and grant you as the author. The buttons are included too :). Just let me know if you don't want your site url appearing to the mod (I've set it in the header of the language pack mod).
Deriel

Post by Deriel »

No problem with the URL.

One question: how much the online/offline status feature impacts in forum performance?
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

In fact online/offline feature shouldn't add sql requests, as it's done within the standard read of the post table. I add a request to get all buddys for all the topic authors displayed on the current page, and that's all :). You shouldn't so encounter increase of sql request due to this mod.
kaisuny

Another important mod

Post by kaisuny »

This is another important mod to phpBB. Thx.
Dr DLP

Post by Dr DLP »

Wonderful job , as everytime Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr .
Please keep on modding !
Deriel

Post by Deriel »

I do some tests here and there are 2 more SQL queries by page and in this (in page_header.php):

Code: Select all

$sql = "SELECT * FROM " . BUDDYS_TABLE . " WHERE user_id=" . $userdata['user_id'] . " and buddy_id in ($s_user_ids)";
I believe that some performance degradation occurs because of the "IN"
netclectic
Former Team Member

Post by netclectic »

Somebody's been busy, mod looks v. good. :)
Deriel wrote: I believe that some performance degradation occurs because of the "IN"

Why do you believe this? It's my experience that using "IN" is much quicker then using a big list of "OR"s.
Defend the game:
Deriel

Post by Deriel »

netclectic wrote: Somebody's been busy, mod looks v. good. :)
Deriel wrote:I believe that some performance degradation occurs because of the "IN"

Why do you believe this? It's my experience that using "IN" is much quicker then using a big list of "OR"s.

Hummm... :oops:

The problem is: when the MOD is installed in my forum, the load time of index.php go from 0,9s to about 4s. I was looking the code and I believe that the delay was caused by the "online visible/invisible for buddy" feature - this do two extra SQL queries (in page_header.php): one for buddy list to any user logged and another to verify if the user is visible to buddy's and that two queries inside a while.

Can this assumption be correct?
Henne

Post by Henne »

Can I install this Mod when the Birthday und Gender Mod are installed before?
Realname Mod is installed, too.

Sorry, for my bad english... :oops:
Deriel

Post by Deriel »

Well, I had little problems with birthday but not with gender. I don't have real name installed.
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Netclectic> thanks ;)

Henne> some of other fields needs probably convertion. Just point me to the mods you've installed, I will take a look on it. The gender mod is compliant (as I used gender mod before the developpement :)). For Birthday and realname, or buddy list too, I've started from 0, but I bet it wouldn't be very difficult to set those compliant too ;). That's also what a beta is for.

Deriel> Really, I doubt this particular sql could be the cause of a degradation of the performance : it gets very little data, and is execute only one time per page. Try to comment it to be sure of that ( adding // in front of $sql=' and on a new line below adding $sql=''; ). I'm on to find where the problem stands :).
Henne

Post by Henne »

If I have enough time, I will try to figure out, in which way we can merge these mods.

This is the Realname Mod: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=86960
and the Birthday Mod: http://mods.db9.dk/viewforum.php?f=2
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Henne>
  • realname : just set the size on the user_realname to 50 chars to have the same thing :),
  • birthday date : the birthday date needs a conversion as it is stored not in clear within the Neils mod, and I choose a unix stamp format (eg AAAAMMJJ). I have to look further to write it, but meanwhile I will advice to rename old user_birthday into user_birthday_sav before installing the PCP. I think quite all functionality are included in the PCP mod, but I have to check this point (I won't force ie the user to set a birthday date if he doesn't want to).
Deriel

Post by Deriel »

Yea, running again, and now I don't see any "delay" :?: Whatever, better this way.

And yes, integration with Niel's Birthday MOD is one of the first things that my users asked for - "Birthdays Today" in the index.php and "Age" in viewtopic.php

AFAIK, Niel's use two especial functions in includes/function.php, an altered

function realdate($date_syntax="Ymd",$date=0) 
and

function mkrealdate($day,$month,$birth_year) 
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

I assume "Birthday today" is a list of people having their birthday today, and age in viewtopic their age under the name ?

It shouldn't be hard to add, there is already a button on each post of a user having his anniversary today, near profile, and the age is a simple compute on the date.

Is the function realdate() directly applied to the database field ? If so, this will be a piece of cake to migrate it ;).

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”