mod to put image under persons username

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
silverstreek

mod to put image under persons username

Post by silverstreek » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:39 am

i'm just wondering if there's a mod around that would enable me to add an image under a person's username on my board. basically i want to be able to put a small image below somebody's username that shows they've won ride of the month and maybe even have it to where i can have multiple images if they win more than one time or win ride of the year. obviously i'd have to make the image myself, no big deal, just didn't get any results in doing a search for a mod like i'm looking for. not sure if i wasn't searching for the right words or what.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: mod to put image under persons username

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:07 am

silverstreek wrote:i'm just wondering if there's a mod around that would enable me to add an image under a person's username on my board. basically i want to be able to put a small image below somebody's username that shows they've won ride of the month and maybe even have it to where i can have multiple images if they win more than one time or win ride of the year. obviously i'd have to make the image myself, no big deal, just didn't get any results in doing a search for a mod like i'm looking for. not sure if i wasn't searching for the right words or what.
why not create a "rank" , make it a special rank, and give it that image. then when someone wins a whatever, you go into the admin panel and give them that rank.

it will show up under their username in every post they make and in other places as well.,

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

silverstreek

Post by silverstreek » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:48 am

i guess i could do that, is there a max amount of ranks i can have?
cause the way i have it setup for ranks is that there are registered, club members, mod and admin ranks. so if club member, mod or admin (registered users won't apply) has won rotm for april, i'd have to make another club member rank and put an image saying "ROTM April 2008" and then set it to his/her profile. i'd have to do that each time, which wouldn't be that big of a deal, but if there's only a certain amount of ranks i can have, then that idea might go out the window.
plus i'd like to have it to where if they win say april of 2008, roty 2008 and october of 2009, i'd like it to show a different image, in decending order for each one. so not sure how that'd work either, unless i did one big image with all 3 awards listed.
i dunno, i guess if it's too big a hassle for just one board, it's no biggie.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:54 am

silverstreek wrote:i guess i could do that, is there a max amount of ranks i can have?
cause the way i have it setup for ranks is that there are registered, club members, mod and admin ranks. so if club member, mod or admin (registered users won't apply) has won rotm for april, i'd have to make another club member rank and put an image saying "ROTM April 2008" and then set it to his/her profile. i'd have to do that each time, which wouldn't be that big of a deal, but if there's only a certain amount of ranks i can have, then that idea might go out the window.
plus i'd like to have it to where if they win say april of 2008, roty 2008 and october of 2009, i'd like it to show a different image, in decending order for each one. so not sure how that'd work either, unless i did one big image with all 3 awards listed.
i dunno, i guess if it's too big a hassle for just one board, it's no biggie.
as far as I know, there is no limit to how many ranks you can have.

yes, you would have to change it manually whenever someone attains the rank.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Requests”