Login and user database integration/unification

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
MFoolsRun

Login and user database integration/unification

Post by MFoolsRun »

This has been requested on every phpBB related message board under the sun since 2.0 started production. Now that 2.0 is finished, maybe we can see it come to fruition:

I hereby lodge a formal request for a mod that would unify the login and syncronize the user databases between phpBB and PostNuke (and other nuke variants perhaps).

I'm not looking for a PostNuke module, but instead a modification that would let PostNuke and phpBB2 stand alone, but share users and login cookies/sessions.

Thank you for your time.

--
FoolsRun
retiredat44

Post by retiredat44 »

While I don't have them linked as a portal, I have them both working on one site. It would be nice, onne login setup for al needs, but still they work pretty good on one site:

http://www.virtualairforce.com/

8O
MFoolsRun

Post by MFoolsRun »

I, too, have them both set up side by side, but users have to register twice to be on both apps, and I'd like to fix that.

--
M
vesman

Same here! Anyone?

Post by vesman »

I'd like to be able to do the same thing. I really don't like any forums I've seen on any Postnuked sites. I really do like the way phpbb looks and works, but need more functionality in a portal site. So, one more vote for a way to integrate. I'd also like to run separate but share logins. I don't want to squeeze phpbb into postnuke, visually.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Requests”