Shoutbox

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
xAAhmedx
Registered User
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:27 am

Shoutbox

Post by xAAhmedx » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:48 pm

Hello, can anyone edit a shoutbox that is already made or create a new one a one simmilar to this one on this website: http://asianmix.net/shoutbox.php, its simple and normal I dont think it requires alot of work please

User avatar
RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Posts: 20808
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Your display
Name: Rich McGirr
Contact:

Re: Shoutbox

Post by RMcGirr83 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:00 pm

There are quite a few shout boxes for phpBB v 2.x, try doing a search at phpbbhacks.com.
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

xAAhmedx
Registered User
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:27 am

Re: Shoutbox

Post by xAAhmedx » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:09 pm

that site doesnt have demos :|

User avatar
RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Posts: 20808
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Your display
Name: Rich McGirr
Contact:

Re: Shoutbox

Post by RMcGirr83 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:21 am

xAAhmedx wrote:that site doesnt have demos :|
User beware then I suppose. ;)
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

Peter77sx
Registered User
Posts: 3247
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:51 pm

Re: Shoutbox

Post by Peter77sx » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:18 am

Fully intergated shoutbox MOD is probably one of the best.

xAAhmedx
Registered User
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:27 am

Re: Shoutbox

Post by xAAhmedx » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:01 am

Ok i've installed this one:

Http://xdevelop.co.uk/forum/shoutbox.php, can anyone make the layout look like this:

Code: Select all

Http://AsianMix.Net

User avatar
Lumpy Burgertushie
Registered User
Posts: 64565
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 3:11 am
Contact:

Re: Shoutbox

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:39 pm

xAAhmedx wrote:Ok i've installed this one:

Http://xdevelop.co.uk/forum/shoutbox.php, can anyone make the layout look like this:

Code: Select all

Http://AsianMix.Net
there is no shoutbox installed at that site that I can find.

your link to the one you say you installed, no longer works.

besides which, guests do not normally have access to a shoutbox in a phpbb board.
( this means, if you want us to be able to access things on your board, you have to
create a text user account and give us the username and password so we do not have to register)

please give direct links to whatever you are talking about.

thanks,
robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

xAAhmedx
Registered User
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:27 am

Re: Shoutbox

Post by xAAhmedx » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
xAAhmedx wrote:Ok i've installed this one:

Http://xdevelop.co.uk/forum/shoutbox.php, can anyone make the layout look like this:

Code: Select all

Http://AsianMix.Net
there is no shoutbox installed at that site that I can find.

your link to the one you say you installed, no longer works.

besides which, guests do not normally have access to a shoutbox in a phpbb board.
( this means, if you want us to be able to access things on your board, you have to
create a text user account and give us the username and password so we do not have to register)

please give direct links to whatever you are talking about.

thanks,
robert
Sorry mate, I was changing servers Ok

I've installed this chatbox here:

http://xdevelop.co.uk/forum/shoutbox.php

and I saw this one here:

http://asianmix.net/shoutbox.phps

can anyone make it look like:

Code: Select all

http://asianmix.net/shoutbox.php

User avatar
Lumpy Burgertushie
Registered User
Posts: 64565
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 3:11 am
Contact:

Re: Shoutbox

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:10 pm

xAAhmedx wrote:
Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
xAAhmedx wrote:Ok i've installed this one:

Http://xdevelop.co.uk/forum/shoutbox.php, can anyone make the layout look like this:

Code: Select all

Http://AsianMix.Net
there is no shoutbox installed at that site that I can find.

your link to the one you say you installed, no longer works.

besides which, guests do not normally have access to a shoutbox in a phpbb board.
( this means, if you want us to be able to access things on your board, you have to
create a text user account and give us the username and password so we do not have to register)

please give direct links to whatever you are talking about.

thanks,
robert
Sorry mate, I was changing servers Ok

I've installed this chatbox here:

http://xdevelop.co.uk/forum/shoutbox.php

404 error, no file by that name.

and I saw this one here:

http://asianmix.net/shoutbox.phps
404 error, no file by that name.

can anyone make it look like:

Code: Select all

http://asianmix.net/shoutbox.php
why do you keep putting the only link that works inside the code tags?

anyway, if you look at the source for that page, you will see this;

Code: Select all

  <tr>

                    <td><iframe src="shoutbox.php" width="350" height="140" style="border: #EDEEDF"></iframe></td>
                  </tr>
now, if you will tells us exactly what shoutbox MOD you have, maybe we can help you get it to show up like that one does.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

xAAhmedx
Registered User
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:27 am

Re: Shoutbox

Post by xAAhmedx » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:47 pm

Robert or anyone else, I don't know which one is a simple small shoutbox . .

User avatar
Lumpy Burgertushie
Registered User
Posts: 64565
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 3:11 am
Contact:

Re: Shoutbox

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:04 am

xAAhmedx wrote:Robert or anyone else, I don't know which one is a simple small shoutbox . .
I am confused.
here you say you installed one:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p6018345

however , there is no shoutbox at your site.

if you installed it, where is it and if you installed it, then you have to know which one you installed.

we can probably tell you how to get what you want, but we have to know the exact script that you are using.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

xAAhmedx
Registered User
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:27 am

Re: Shoutbox

Post by xAAhmedx » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:07 pm

Sorry about that confusion everyone, very sorry.

The shoutbox is now working fully! I don't know what the problem was . . but its located here:
http://xdevelop.co.uk/forums/shoutbox.php

The shoutbox script that I used is:
http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/8498

heres the test user details

user: test
pass: test
Last edited by xAAhmedx on Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lumpy Burgertushie
Registered User
Posts: 64565
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 3:11 am
Contact:

Re: Shoutbox

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:38 pm

great, now we are all on the same page.

now, exactly where do you want this shoutbox to be on your board.

please be exact.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

Peter77sx
Registered User
Posts: 3247
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:51 pm

Re: Shoutbox

Post by Peter77sx » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:54 am

I think he wants the shoutbox to show on his forum index? in a box ( iframe ).

xAAhmedx, In the that shoutbox mod, there is a file called iframe code.txt and there it shows you what you will need to add to your index_body.tpl file.

You are using DAJ lgass ( or something ) theme... so the changes would be in that template style and not subSilver ... unless you are using that style too.


I hope that helps a little.

User avatar
Lumpy Burgertushie
Registered User
Posts: 64565
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 3:11 am
Contact:

Re: Shoutbox

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:55 pm

yep, I know that is what he wants, but we just now got to where we know what he has.

and you are very correct, that is exactly how to do it.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

Post Reply

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Requests”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests