Delete Spammers And There Posts in One go?

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
kenjin

Delete Spammers And There Posts in One go?

Post by kenjin »

The spam on my forum is out of control, Is there a way to delete the user and all thier posts in one go?
Jim_UK
Former Team Member

Re: Delete Spammers And There Posts in One go?

Post by Jim_UK »

The Starfoxtj Admin Toolkit will mass delete but it replaces their posts with the word "deleted" and changes their username to "Guest"

There is an anti spam topic as a sticky at the top of the phpBB2 support forum. You need to install something like the RAC mod to stop more getting in.

Jim
The truth is out there.
Unfortunately they will not let you anywhere near it!
kenjin

Post by kenjin »

another simple idea that i would like to see is, when I click on "moderate this forum" instead of having to individually having to click on each tick box for each post to delete, can we have a "select all" option to add ticks in all the boxes. I literally have 5 pages plus in of spam to delete in each forum section.
Jim_UK
Former Team Member

Post by Jim_UK »

You should not have let it get to that state. When it first started a visit here and the installation of a simple mod (5 minutes) was all that was needed to stop them.
I have installed the RAC mod on 9 sites and none have had a bot in near 2 years.

There will be no changes made to phpBB2 functionality as it is being phased out. Support for it stops at the end of the year as we are now on phpBB3

Jim
The truth is out there.
Unfortunately they will not let you anywhere near it!
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

kenjin wrote:another simple idea that i would like to see is, when I click on "moderate this forum" instead of having to individually having to click on each tick box for each post to delete, can we have a "select all" option to add ticks in all the boxes. I literally have 5 pages plus in of spam to delete in each forum section.

http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/5745
kenjin wrote:The spam on my forum is out of control, Is there a way to delete the user and all thier posts in one go?
http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/6208

hope this helps.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Requests”