auto forum - $$

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
scottyc5

auto forum - $$

Post by scottyc5 » Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:04 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, I want to start a free phpbb hosting server where users can sign up from one installation of phpbb. I will be willing to pay 15-20$ if you could get/make me one.

Thanks.

Einstein

Re: auto forum - $$

Post by Einstein » Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:13 pm

scottyc5 wrote: Hey, I want to start a free phpbb hosting server where users can sign up from one installation of phpbb. I will be willing to pay 15-20$ if you could get/make me one.

15-20 $ ... u're kidding right ? Do you have any clue how much work it would be? My thought's is that we are talking about 200-300 hours of work. At least I won't do it for 15-20 $ ;)

I'm making a Multi-forum MOD for the moment. This is only one little peace of an phpBB hosting service. Any use of that?

I think you will have performance problems on the long term. phpBB has it's limits.

Einstein

Re: auto forum - $$

Post by Einstein » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:36 pm

scottyc5 wrote: one installation of phpbb

Make the installation process automatic instead of making one phpBB installation. So when registering there will be some background unix process that will automaticly install a forum.

Several phpBB installations is beter that a big one.

newyork4me

Post by newyork4me » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:20 am

Umm...could you please elaborate a bit on how to do that. I would be most appreciative.

Einstein

Post by Einstein » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:23 pm

You make shell script that is run when registering a new board.

The script 1) copies all files into a new directory 2) creates an database and user 3) creates the config.php files 4) open the forum

Or try to find some already made scripts like Fantastico.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Requests”