Restricted email address in registration

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
Eviljosh

Restricted email address in registration

Post by Eviljosh »

Guys ive searched for 3 hrs now on here and phpbb hacks and i cant find what im looking for.

i need to ensure that new users are from a particular email domain ( to make sure they are students @ the university), is there a way to restrict the email address domain and only allow those types of email addresses through?

Alternativly i could use a script that sends them that conformation link email, but then emails the board admin to enable the user, kind of like a combination of the two current options avaiable

if anyone knows where to find this script im willing to pay, thats how desparate i am!

Cheers!

BladeOfAnduril27

Post by BladeOfAnduril27 »

I wish I could help you but to my knowlege there is no such MOD. I would suggest setting the board config so that all accounts require admin activation. There is a mod called (I think) Account Actions. It shows a list of the unactivated users on your forum. It shows the e-mail address too and it has a delete option. That would probably be a good alternative. All users that register will show up there, if the e-mail address is correct you click a link to activate the account, if it's wrong, click the other link to delete the account. I'll try to find the link to the MOD for you and I'll post back then.

BladeOfAnduril27

Post by BladeOfAnduril27 »

Ok, here is the link to the Account Actions MOD: http://www.phpbbhacks.com/viewhack.php?id=483

LifeIsPain
Former Team Member

Post by LifeIsPain »

I never made this as a full MOD because I don't have an admin interface, but the code works (I use it for my site). If the person doesn't have the right domain, they can still sign up, but it asks for admin account activiation. I have another version somewhere (I am mostly sure) that will just ban everything else, but I would have to look for that :P

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 569#442569
LifeIsPain - one who needs to be smackedLife is pain, highness! Anyone who says differently is selling something.

Eviljosh

Post by Eviljosh »

Cheers for that mate, ill install it asap!

I think that the mod of combining the two registration options would be a good and secure idea. The fact that it verifys the persons email address, then asks you what you want to do with the user is a great idea for closed forums.. how hard would it be to impliment?

LifeIsPain
Former Team Member

Post by LifeIsPain »

Ok, as you made the post in the other thread after this one, is it safe for me to assume that my other code did what you want? I am slightly confused.
LifeIsPain - one who needs to be smackedLife is pain, highness! Anyone who says differently is selling something.

Eviljosh

Post by Eviljosh »

It did mate, it did indeed, but i was suggesting a high security mod..

What puzzles me more is that theres no mods out there offering a text based email verfier!

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Requests”