[Request] E-mail patch

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
BladeOfAnduril27

[Request] E-mail patch

Post by BladeOfAnduril27 »

I'm not sure what to call this.... I'm looking for a MOD that will send back errors and bounced e-mails and such from when members register with a bad e-mail address etc... I know there is a MOD for this on phpbbmods.com but it is out of date and does not work with phpBB 2.0.6 so I need one that will. Anyone?

BladeOfAnduril27

Anyone? It would be greatly appriciated.

LifeIsPain
Former Team Member

Post by LifeIsPain »

You just need to set the board email address as a valid email address that you can check, and then it will get the bounced email messages. (Admin Panel -> General Configuration)
LifeIsPain - one who needs to be smackedLife is pain, highness! Anyone who says differently is selling something.

BladeOfAnduril27

The e-mail I currently use is one I check but I never get any bounced e-mails etc... Do I need to set up SMTP?

LifeIsPain
Former Team Member

Post by LifeIsPain »

phpBB adds the email address listed in the from and reply-to, so unless you already modded some email functionality, you should be getting bounces. The question would be if you see you admin address in the from address of the board.

Also, this may be moved to phpBB Support due to this not being a MOD Request anymore.
LifeIsPain - one who needs to be smackedLife is pain, highness! Anyone who says differently is selling something.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Requests”