[REQ] Event Planning System

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
ewerx

[REQ] Event Planning System

Post by ewerx » Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:35 am

Okay so this idea is probably more suited as a standalone app than as a mod for phpBB, but here goes:

What I am thinking of is an event calendar, where events are basically topics in a special forum. The twist is that when you create the event, you invite people (members of the forum or usergroups), and basically it is a poll where people can respond if they are coming or not. It's kind of like evite (evite.com).

Now I figured this might not be too far fetched because there is already a calendar mod, and there is a mod that tracks the poll results including which users voted what.

I guess it would easiest at first to make it so everyone on the forum is by default "invited" to every event. But it would be nice if you could have events that are not advertised to everyone (like private parties or something), and maybe those can be communicated by PM or something.

Anyways, just wanted to put that out there to see if anyone has any thoughts.

I don't mind helping on the development. I know some php and have fiddled with phpBB a bit, but I don't think I have enough experience to tackle the whole thing on my own...

ewerx

Post by ewerx » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:35 pm

*bump*
any takers?

Einstein

Post by Einstein » Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:36 pm

Check out my plans for my Event MOD

LoganSix

Post by LoganSix » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:31 pm

Anyone else working on this?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Requests”