different Category Types

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
Henner

different Category Types

Post by Henner » Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:02 am

Hi All,

i am looking for a mod, where i can have different Category Types, e.g. Type1, Type2, where you can select which Type you want to display in the index.

For example:
I have User1 and User2 and User3 and i have two different Category Type Type1 and Type2. Now the users can choose in their profile which they want to see. User1 only wants to see type1, User2 only wants to see Type2 and User3 wants two see both Type1 and type2.

Does anybody know a mod for this or has an idea how to realize it?

Thx ind advance
Henner

JSlayton2002

Post by JSlayton2002 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:08 pm

You could have open groups and make forums Private[Hidden] permission and just assign each group to the correct forums in each category

or

http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/502

Henner

Post by Henner » Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:11 pm

JSlayton2002 wrote: You could have open groups and make forums Private[Hidden] permission and just assign each group to the correct forums in each category

or

http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/502

I have already set my group permissions set correctly and i have already installed the Rollout Mod, but i am looking for something where the User can select by himself in his Profile which Category Types he want to see. He has to be able to change it everyday if he wants.

Einstein

Post by Einstein » Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:24 pm

I have seen a fix for what you are looking for. But where ..... try to do search on my user name. It may be possible that I have commented it. You should look for messages about 7 months back.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Requests”