Integrated Chat Room? And Visual Confirmation Code

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
BullmarketFrogs

Integrated Chat Room? And Visual Confirmation Code

Post by BullmarketFrogs »

Does anyone know if there's a simple way to add an integrated live chat room feature to a phpBB forum?

Also, I'd like to have the visual activation code to complete your registration - similar to that required to sign up for this forum, and for yahoo services. Does anyone know how to add this? Is it offered as an additional add on someplace on this site?

Thanks in advance,

Carol
Evil LarrE

Post by Evil LarrE »

No expert here but I can point you in the correct direction:

The vissual confimation you seek you have already downloaded. It was in the Contrib folder that you deleted after install, there was (and you can still extract) the file (visual_conformation.zip) also you will need to execute the readme.html contained in the folder for instructions how to install.

As for the Chat, there is one but from what I have read 2.2 should be comeing out soon, and I personally am not going to go through all the steps to install BC, the upgrade to 2.2 will go much smoother on a vanilla Phpbb. I believe 2.2 is worth waiting for BC of the many Advanced (user friendly) Administrator abilities.

Good luck!
Last edited by Evil LarrE on Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evil LarrE

Post by Evil LarrE »

ycl6
Translator

Re: Integrated Chat Room? And Visual Confirmation Code

Post by ycl6 »

BullmarketFrogs wrote: Also, I'd like to have the visual activation code to complete your registration - similar to that required to sign up for this forum

A guide for you: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=222560

~Mac

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Requests”