Hide selected topic option

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
Aldri

Hide selected topic option

Post by Aldri »

Hello, i have a special request :) I looked everywhere but did not found this feature...

on my forum there is a "chat" topic where a few users post a LOT, and it can be apparented to spam for other users
the people who don't use the "chat" topic, would like to be able to hide it, because this topic is soooo active that they always see "new message" on the forum
if they could "hide" this topic they would be able to see only the other topic, and would not get the image "new message on forum" when people post on the chat topic :)

PS: i know i could make a special forum for the chat topic, only viewable by a group, but i don't want to make a special forum for this topic because the users of this chat topic say it would be boring to check a new forum...

some ways to make this mod:
1/ (the best i think) a button to hide a topic, hidden topics are available in a special pannel "hidden topics" where the user can choose to un-hide it if he wants. Hidden topics are users-only (not a group, each user choose the topics they want to hide)
2/ a special group where users don't see this topic (admin would have to add a special mark to the topic they want to hide)
3/ a special group where users are allowed to see hidden topics
4/ a do-not-show new messages of this topic button for each user

Aldri

Post by Aldri »

bump :?
i'm sure it would serve to other people :)

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Requests”