Admin can read PM's

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
cwipperman

Admin can read PM's

Post by cwipperman » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:04 pm

There used to be a mod that let this happen - but when I upgraded last year it disappeared. It was a mod that alloed the admins to view all PM's. It was useful when we had people fighting with each other and sending each other nasty PM's. I have a couple problem children right now - and they complain about each other - but the both deny they are saying in PM's what they tell me they are saying (did that make sense).

steveland

Post by steveland » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:32 pm

You can read PMs in raw format by looking at the database... look at the phpbb_privmsgs_text table

bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:01 am

It's available via www.nivisec.com just look on the left hand side for the correct menu entry.
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .

Merlin Sythove

Re: Admin can read PM's

Post by Merlin Sythove » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:22 am

cwipperman wrote: I have a couple problem children right now - and they complain about each other - but the both deny they are saying in PM's what they tell me they are saying (did that make sense).

You could consider treating them like the children they are and simply refuse to look at anything they say unless they back it up with evidence, being the mails they are complaining about, asking them for specific quotes of what they think is wrong in those mails. That way you force THEM to do the work, plus they may realise on second reading that they are jumping to conclusions...

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Requests”