FORCE re-logon for admin panel?

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
amram

FORCE re-logon for admin panel?

Post by amram » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:37 am

Is there any way to absolutely FORCE admin logon any time the admin panel is accessed? I know the feature is there by default but it seems to me like its a little sporadic... like if the browser window stays open after one re-authentication, you can get back into the panel any number of times afterwards.

Any help? Thanks!

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:51 am

The re-authentication is designed such that you have to do it once per session. So the first time you visit the ACP on a visit to your forum you will be asked to login. If you close your browser or the session expires (the time for this is set in the ACP) or you log out you will have to do it again. For the duration of the session however you will not be required to do it again
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!

mad-manne

Post by mad-manne » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:20 am

I might be wrong here, but if this wasn't the case(like Graham explained above), you'd have to reauthenticate yourself for every single action you'd take inside the ACP .. and that's apparently not what you'd want :roll:

Cheers,
Manfred.
Try not. Do or do not. There is no try. (YODA)

amram

Post by amram » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:32 pm

mad-manne wrote: I might be wrong here, but if this wasn't the case(like Graham explained above), you'd have to reauthenticate yourself for every single action you'd take inside the ACP .. and that's apparently not what you'd want :roll:

Cheers,
Manfred.

Well, obviously I wouldn't want to reauthenticate for every single link I click in the cp. Im wondering if there is some kind of way to make it force reauthentication after an admin leaves the cp but remains in the same browser session?

pentapenguin
Former Team Member

Post by pentapenguin » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:37 pm

That would require a MOD.
Did you (1) look in the MOD Release Announcements & Support forum, (2) look in the MODs in Development forum, (3) use the MOD search tool, or (4) look on phpBBHacks.com?

Thread Moved to MOD Requests
Support Resources: Support Request Template
My Sites: Download my phpBB MODs | pentapenguin.com
If you need professional assistance with your board, please contact me for my reasonable rates.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Requests”