Benifits for donators...

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
DiSpy

Benifits for donators...

Post by DiSpy » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:42 pm

Hey guys...

I'm trying to find a mod, or group of mods, to allow me to setup something for my forums... let me explain a bit:

I already have a paypal donate mod, it also gives points to users who donate.
(I installed these mods to accomplish it: Cashmod- http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=94055 & Donationmod- http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=224399 )

I want to expand on this... and if a user donates several things happen (depending on how much they donate). They can turn off all the banner ads on the site, they get access to a private forum, they get a little image on viewtopic and viewprofile that says they are a sponsor or whatever, they get larger pm box limits (depending on how much they donated). (maybe just add them to a "donators" group is easiest). I'd also like to do a monthyl drawing that only users who have donated that month can be entered into, but I think we can do that manually ourselves if there is some kind of list we can see each month of the names of users who donated (which the current mod i'm using does already have built-into it).

Also, i want users to be able to paypal "subscribe" if they want that option instead of having to remember to donate each month, the current mod I use only lets them donate, not "subscribe". I want them to be able to do eitehr.

We can accomplish this by having specific buttons for different amounts on the donate page (in addition to the "fill in the amount" form), and depending which button they click they get different benifits (like larger pm box limits, etc). Or we can set it up so that donating x-xx amount gets you ___, and donating xx-xxx amount gets you ___. Know what i'm trying to say? Also, the mod would have to automatically setup the benifits each month (and take them away again when it expires), and maybe put something in thier profile and viewtopic that says either "subscribed" or "expires on 00/00/0000" under thier little "sponsor" image that they will get on each of those pages.

Anyone have any idea on how to do all that? ...as i said i already have the points and donation mod intalled. (and a ton of other mods, check the link in my profile).

THANK YOU!!
-DiSpy (webmaster of Noated)

ajp

Post by ajp » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:30 am

You might check the most recent version of the paypal mod, it includes monthly payments and such
http://www.loewen.com.sg/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=556

DiSpy

Post by DiSpy » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:47 pm

I've looked at that mod, it's different than the one I have as it requires a paypal monthly payment in order to view certain forums.

While a special forum for "donors" was one of the things I was thinking about, it's not exactly what I want to do. Mostly I want the other features... no ads, "sponsor" image, extra points, larger pm box limits, etc... the special forum for donors was just an afterthought.

I don't want exactly that... i think you misunderstood my question, I want it so that they can donate via the donate page *or* on that same page they can use the paypal "subscription" service which automatically deducts XX amount from thier paypal account each month so that they don't have to remember to come back and donate again each month. In other words, have two differnt buttons they can click on the same page, one is a one-time donation from paypal, and one uses the paypal "subscribe" API feature which donates each month until they tell paypal to stop. (I'd include instructions on the thank you page about how to stop the monthly one if that's how they set it up.)

Follow?
-Dispy

ajp

Post by ajp » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:51 pm

That is something you will have to look for on paypal's site I think.

Dagon

Post by Dagon » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:56 pm

With the Paypal IPN GROUP Subscription MOD Version 1.0.0.3, you can do either manual or automatic subscriptions. The automatic configures the transaction as an automatic recurring payment with PayPal. The manual option does not. With the manual option, the user has to come back and do another transaction to renew their subscription. You can also set the pay period to whatever you like.

Since the mod is capable of both, you may talk to the mod author and see what it would take to configure the mod to have two buttons. One being recurring, the other being manual.

DiSpy

Post by DiSpy » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:59 pm

OK ajp, but then how would I tie it into the points and donations systems that I already have?

Plus what about the other features I want to add as benifits for donators?

-DiSpy

DiSpy

Post by DiSpy » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:09 pm

OK thanks Dagon, i'll look into that...

But still no one is adressing my other question about the additional benifits for donators.

Thanks!
-DiSpy

Dagon

Post by Dagon » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:23 pm

Group permissions are very powerful if you know how to use them. Look for features and modifications based on group permissions and you will have a really great way of offering your membership certain things, or really anything as long as it is permissions based.

DiSpy

Post by DiSpy » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:37 am

I'm cross posting this here: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=320937

Beacuse I think that following the directions suggested there I can solve the problem about giving donators an image on viewtopic and viewprofile pages saying they are a sponsor or whatever. BUt I am still looking for ways to accomplish the other things.

-DiSpy

Dagon

Post by Dagon » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:10 am

Unless I am mistaken, there are jobs/allowance/get paid type mods that give out points/cash every x number of days. And the amount given out can be adjusted with group permissions. There are a ton of cash/points hacks, so I am sure you can find something along those lines. Kind of like this: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=177121

For the banners, have a look at this: http://mods.db9.dk/viewtopic.php?t=1503 I think it supports group permissions, so you can select who does and doesn't see the banners. There is also an additional mod for it to give out points/cash when your members click on a banner: http://mods.db9.dk/viewtopic.php?t=2019

In all reality, you are only limited to what you can find that supports group permissions, and there are a ton of mods that support group permissions.

There are photo galleries that you can allow access or give out different quotas based on user group. I think that you can give you users a custom user website or blog with the user website or The Blog Mod and do that bassed on user group. I think there are custom title mods that you can do based on user groups. Etc etc. Really you will just have to look.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Requests”