In my search for ways to manage the spam on my support forums, I found this thread. This is exactly the kind of feature I was thinking of to make my life easier. I get 10-30 junk messages a day so managing it by hand is possible, but annoying, and restricting user access and other more involved methods are over-kill.
I hope no one is already working on this, because I am going to.
I plan to put a "SPAM" button in two places - on an individual post and in the topic search list (because I most often search for new posts to respond to and can recognize 99% of spam from there).
When I click the SPAM button, it will do the following, without the need for me to confirm:
- Delete the post/thread
- Delete the user's account
- Delete all other posts by the user
- Ban their IP from the board
- Delete all other posts from the same IP
- Delete all other users who have posted/registered from the same IP
- Delete all other posts with the same subject (for new threads)
I don't know much about the phpbb internals, but it doesn't look very complicated. I don't know how much of this is possible or how complex it will be, but it's definitely something I'm going to work on.
If anyone else finds or builds a similar solution before I do, please let me know so I can stop wasting my time on it