Auto add to usergroup after a period of time

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
DiSpy

Auto add to usergroup after a period of time

Post by DiSpy » Tue May 02, 2006 3:02 pm

Hi,

Can anyone help me please? I'm looking for a way to do the following:

- Users sign up on my forums
- Users are auto-added to a specific usergroup ONLY after the following criteria are met:
1 - They are above a certain user level (ie: have over a certain amount of posts, and have reached that level)
2 - They have been a member of the forums for at least 30 days (or however many days we set)

I have easily created a usergroup, and have found a mod that allows users to be added automatically to that usergroup after they reach a certain user level. HOWEVER, I can not figure out how to do the second part (where they also have to be a registered user for at least XX days), and do it without slowing down the entire site.

Any help, or points in the right direction, would be most appreciated!!

THANK YOU!
-DiSpy

Kieran007
Name: Kieran O'Shea

Post by Kieran007 » Tue May 02, 2006 4:39 pm

Not sure how competent you are with code and that, but in that mod you have for adding users automatically to groups, you could add an if statement that checked the user was over a certain number of days membership before being added. If you provide a link to the mod, I could probably tell you what line(s) to edit to make it do it :)
Kieran
[ RouterTech - Tech Support for all things networking ]
Useful phpBB links: Use the Forum Search!
No support via PM, please ask your questions in the forum!

DiSpy

Post by DiSpy » Thu May 04, 2006 4:41 pm

Sorry I am late in replying, I had to find the place where I got the mod from origionally, and thier website seems to be down.

The mod is:

Code: Select all

######################################################## 
## MOD Title:          Auto group 
## MOD Author:         Niels Chr. Denmark < ncr@db9.dk > (Niels Chr. Rød) http://mods.db9.dk
## MOD Description:    This mod will make it posible to add member to a user group, depending on there post count
##                     this makes it posible to make a group "Everyone" (0 posts) where all members are members by default.
##                     or a group like "Posters" (1 posts) where all users witch have posted are a member
##                     now also support MAX post count, so the users will be removed if they have more posts than required

Since the authors' site is down, I did some searching and found it available here: http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/2203

Thanks for the help!!
-DiSpy

Kieran007
Name: Kieran O'Shea

Post by Kieran007 » Thu May 04, 2006 5:34 pm

I will have a look at the code for this mod when I have the time and see if I can find a simply line change to include the check that you require :)
Kieran
[ RouterTech - Tech Support for all things networking ]
Useful phpBB links: Use the Forum Search!
No support via PM, please ask your questions in the forum!

DiSpy

Post by DiSpy » Sat May 06, 2006 10:53 pm

oops, sorry... nevermind me!

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Requests”