Private Message Logs/admin

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
Stevish

Private Message Logs/admin

Post by Stevish »

I was poking around in the SQL database, and noticed that all the private messages are listed there. So I assume there would be a way to log them in a way that is a little bit easier to manage.

Basically I want a MOD that would store all PMs in an easy-to-retrieve format. Even one that simply lists them is fine. Any ideas?
chrisb123

Post by chrisb123 »

I made a similar reqeust and most ppl on here said that it would be against your members privacy rights to have the mod
Noobarmy

Post by Noobarmy »

http://phpbbhacks.com/download/200

^^^

that is the hack your looking for.

however.

it is an invision of privacy to read PMs without consent. you should only read them if a member complains so that you can stop "bullying" on your forum.
Stevish

Post by Stevish »

See... I thought it was important to be able to prove which users are actually abusing the PM system... instead of having it be one user's word vs another... that's kinda silly to me.
Stevish

Post by Stevish »

Thanks. I have already implimented very strict guidelines on who is allowed access, and under what circumstances.
chefsballs

Post by chefsballs »

chrisb123 wrote: I made a similar reqeust and most ppl on here said that it would be against your members privacy rights to have the mod

But you cant control who abuses the system otherwise!
Stevish

Post by Stevish »

It seems that all the larger boards (and online games) that have a private message system have access to view the messages for the purpose of investigating abuse. It's just a matter of including that in your privacy policy.
Kalipo

Post by Kalipo »

You can view the contents of PMs by simply looking in the database. All this MOD does is simplify the process.
It's just a matter of including that in your privacy policy.

No words are more true if you are sincere about privacy.

Off the top of my head (mine is worded a bit more strong than a general notice)...
This site has enhanced capabilities to investigate claims of abuse in other-than-public areas. These features are utilized only in the event of a claim made to the moderators or administrators of the site. If harassment is found in these areas your account may be suspended/banned.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Requests”