cap_gemo:, could you tellme which hosting is that?
A german hosting http://hz-group.de
- there's everything in German. But it supports php, mysql, cgi and everything and is completely free! And there is a very cool Web-interface, that allows you to do a lot of things, for example to view, edit, backup and restore your mysql-database.
2 carlton: Yeah, that's true. It doesn't work without LaTeXrender. Here's what you have to do, if you want to install LaTeXrender in your phpbb-board (found it out myself after a lot of experiments
1. Find a hosting, that supports php, mysql AND cgi, like http://hz-group.de
2. Install your board there.
3. Download mimetex from here
4. Compile mimetex to file mimetex.cgi (detailed instructions for Unix and Windows can be found in readme-file).
5. Upload your mimetex.cgi file to your /cgi-bin folder.
6. Download LaTeXrender from here
7. Decompress the archive. You need only the subfolder mimetex, the rest can be deleted at once. In the subfolder mimetex read the file README_phpBB.txt. It describes, what do you have to do, to make mimetex work with your phpbb-board.
Warning for newbies like me: this readme-file sais, you have to change some paths. And some of them look like:
But this can change from server to server. In my case for example the correct path was
I found it out very simply. First of all I wrote the path, that was in readme. Then I tried it out and I got some error-page. There were a lot of error messages, and there stood the path to some files on the server. Using those paths, you can find out yourself, how do you correct hte wrong paths.
8. Now everything should work. If it doesn't, check file permissions, paths, and things like that.
P.S. I wish, I had such detailed instruction, before I started my experiments!