[Help please!] HTML and Newline in Profile?

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
pjlev

[Help please!] HTML and Newline in Profile?

Post by pjlev »

To understand this request, you may first want to see what I've done to my memberlist here: http://www.starsandskullsclub.com/membe ... erlist.php

1. How can I make it so that the user can use html in the "info" or "music" fields so that they can link to offsite images, or insert links?

2. How can I make it so that the user can create a newline (\n?) in the "info" or "music" field so that when they press return in the textarea when editing their information, this is saved and displayed in their profile? What I mean is that if someone is editing their profile and they type the following
I love (press enter here) phpBB

it later looks like this in their profile
I love
phpbb

It is basically the freedom that you have to edit your text when posting, like I am now. Creating new lines and inserting html and images.

Maybe it would even be nifty if users could make things italic or bold, or colors. I would imagine that all of this code exists in different parts of phpBB, and it is just a matter of moving it to the files that the profile uses.
pjlev

Post by pjlev »

If no one wants to help...then maybe just a quick run down of the things I should try and put in there and where?
nexialys

Post by nexialys »

ok, i will help... to make you love me...

Extra BBCODE enabled Profile Field -- this...

http://phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=21643

it's not html stuff, but as it's using the BBcodes, maybe you'll be interested to see it btw... it's more secure than simple html... :):)
-=nexia=-

i'm not god, i'm a nexialist... god is perfect.. i try to make it weak.
pjlev

Post by pjlev »

wow..I love you!

This is exactly what I wanted...actually, more! I can't wait to make this work. Thank you so much!

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Requests”