Can I make poll results hidden until after member votes?

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
KDStan

Can I make poll results hidden until after member votes?

Post by KDStan »

Hi - is there a mod of a way I can allow polls to remain hidden until after the member has voted? I would like for people to come into the board without seeing the previous results until after they vote. After they vote I would like for them to be able to view it.

Thanks

drathbun
Former Team Member

Re: Can I make poll results hidden until after member votes?

Post by drathbun »

KDStan wrote: Hi - is there a mod ...

And that would be MOD Requests, as an appropriate place to ask the question. :-) Welcome to phpbb, moving your topic to MOD Requests.
I blog about phpBB: phpBBDoctor blog
Still using phpbb2? So am I! Click below for details

KDStan

Post by KDStan »

Thanks for the info Drath - I have a lot to learn here :) I thought MOD Requests was for asking someone to make one for you :roll:

Anyway, I know there has to be a mod for this because the person who had our old guild site had it installed but I dont know which one it is, I have been looking but have had no luck.

drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun »

MOD Requests is often for people asking for a MOD to be made, but there are quite a few folks that frequent this area that are familiar with the hundreds (thousands!) of MODs available, or at least are proficient in the various MOD search tools. :-) So it's likely that if a MOD has already been written, someone can post a link here.

It's an interesting concept, and one that I would take on myself if I wasn't already triple-booked for my free time. ;-)

BTW, you realize by doing this MOD that guests will never be able to see the poll results, as they won't be able to vote. Is that what you intended?
I blog about phpBB: phpBBDoctor blog
Still using phpbb2? So am I! Click below for details

Ricky_Racer

Post by Ricky_Racer »

Something like this Enhanced Polls (Hide Poll Results) maybe ?

KDStan

Post by KDStan »

Hmmm the way it worked on the phpbb site we used to have was -

Members could view the poll but not see the results of the votes until after they voted themselves - after they cast their vote they could see the results.

I have been looking but haven't found it yet - if I do I will post here. Thanks Ricky, but I don't think that's the right one.

stevemagruder

Post by stevemagruder »

I've been using the Advanced Vote Manager for this purpose. It has been working great for me.
Steve Magruder - WebCommons :: Media
Administrator for the Louisville History & Issues discussion board

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Requests”