Subforums

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
CyrilCade

Subforums

Post by CyrilCade »

I know that this isn't really the place to post this, but this site was the only one I could think of for help. I've been working on adding sub-forums to my phpbb, but I keep running into roadblocks.

As of now, I've been trying the Pseudo Subforums mod (mostly because I the others seem to include much more than I need or require some XS mod that, again, looks like more than I need). Editing the PHP files is easy. I write PHP code myself and I understand that much of it. The problem arises whenever I have to edit the templates.

I just can't seem to understand what the edits to the templates are doing. I know it sounds lame, but for some reason I can't see the code that is being modified/added producing the results that I want. I have a custom template, so finding where to add the edited code becomes problematic. As of now, I'm working on modifying the base template where the MOD says to, so I can get a feel for what it is adding.

What this post is asking for, however, is someone who could help me, either over the forums or an Instant Messenger, add the code to my template. Preferably, someone who has used the Pseudo Subforums mod. I'm not asking for you to install it for me. Just help me understand what the different pieces of code are doing in the template (if I can't figure out on my own).
mgutt

Post by mgutt »

Try to install Categories Hierarchy:
http://ptifo.clanmckeen.com/download.php

Its one of my favorites.

But don't install it by hand. Prefer they way with installed package because this mod is to huge.

regards
Marc
Forums: Honda || phpBB Categories Hierarchy
Mods: Spamfilter against bot registrations || Seo Urls
CyrilCade

Post by CyrilCade »

I had, at one point, looked into Categories Hierarchy. It is, as you mentioned, a very large mod, which is part of the problme. The main problem with Categories Hierarchy is that my board isn't generic subSilver; I'm using a custom template with several other mods installed. I suppose, if it gets to that point, I can wipe everything I've done and go back to a base installation. I'd much rather not, though. The only other choices I saw where the Simple Subforums and Pseudo Subforums mods. I know that the latter is discontinued, but the former required the Extreme Styles mod.

If there is any other way to install the Categories Hierarchy mod, I may be able to look into that. For now, though, I feel it would be most productive to keep working on this mod.

What I've been doing is loading the template on my local machine (so none of the {} tags execute) and placing the code added from the mod where I think it should go. I haven't had enough time to finish and I haven't uploaded it, so I'm not sure how well it is working. I know what the HTML should execute as well as what should show up where the {} tags are. It isn't so much a MOD problem as well as a brain problem (:x). That's why I was looking for someone who might have used this mod.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Requests”