how to install

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
debragrant

how to install

Post by debragrant »

I have EM installed and all looks right.

I am trying to installed simple subforms and the xs mod need for it. I have placed both in forums/admin/mods and forums/admin they don't show up in the add mod section of the admin area of the forum. Have I added them wrong?

xs mod seems a be strange I downloaded it and the folder is root within it is admin, includes, lang, xs modn am I missing files?
debragrant

Re: how to install

Post by debragrant »

take it no-one can help me?
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

The extreme styles MOD doens't need an easyMOD installation.

If you look at the instructions ;) you only need to upload the files to the right places.

For the simple subforums MOD (or any other MOD come to that), you have to put it into a folder in the admin/mods folder so that the install file is in that top level.

ie
admin/mods/modname/installfile

otherwise easyMOD won't see it.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"
debragrant

Post by debragrant »

i couldn't find any readme files with my extreme styles mod

Also what install file with simple subforms all i have are -

contrib - updates & a txt file
root - admin & templates - admin = xs_simple_subforms, templates = subsilver
license
modx.subsilver.en
simple_subforms_1.0.2

EDIT = I have re-downloaded extreme style mod and now seem to have all the files
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

I just downloaded the extreme styles MOD and it has both an install.txt and a readme.txt along with contrib and root folder.

I can't find a working d/l for the subforums MOD but every MOD has an install file. It tells you which files to edit to implement it.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"
3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Hello,

The MOD requests forum is not a place for creating threads to facilitate support for MODs. The phpBB Group does not have a dedicated MOD Support team as such, so to help facilitate receiving of support, we require you to posts all requests in the thread dedicated to that MOD. That means if the MOD you require support from is in the MODDB, posting your support request in the MOD Release thread in the MOD Releases, Announcements and Support forum. For MODs still in development, post your support request as a reply to the development thread of the MOD in the MODs in Development forum. This will allow the author of the MOD to quickly find your support request or problems with their MOD and to help you out or to fix the problem with the MOD.

If you found the MOD at a site other than phpbb.com, we don't have a place here where you can receive support for that MOD, and you will have to contact the author, either at their site or personally. The MOD when downloaded will contain the authors contact information.

Locked.

Thank you,
The phpBB MOD Team
To request support for our extensions you can also contact me here: phpBB Studio

Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you! 🚀

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Requests”