Admin Banlist MOD

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
Luciouslinda

Post by Luciouslinda » Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:06 am

Noghri_ViR wrote:
Wooly Spud wrote:It seems that people have completely overlooked mine altogether....

I dont care if i win. I know i did somewhat of a half assed job at it.

But come on, Not even aknowlege its existance? That just hurts.

Oh I like yours too. Perhaps you guys could combine the 2?

Oh i am sorry i did not know that there was a third either!!!! Well, good luck to you all, and i have noticed that Flipper has now decided to remove his one, so i spose i could have a look at installing sj26's to see if there is alot of difference!!!!
Linda

sj26

Post by sj26 » Thu Mar 06, 2003 1:20 pm

aw, Flipper, yours was good, and Wooly Spud, yours is good too
[ Working on: It's a secret! ]
[ Links: My Mods | My Site | PALGN ]

oangia

Post by oangia » Sun Mar 09, 2003 7:43 pm

:roll: i dont know .. but for me .. the first one wrote the basic code for this mod should have more credit than the second one .. even tho, the first one have some bug on the code but still .. if there is no code at all then where is code for the second one fixed it.. :) i dont know but i think both are did really good job tho :wink:

sj26

Post by sj26 » Mon Mar 10, 2003 12:49 am

I'm not sure what you mean, but I did not use the first mod to make mine, actually I started before Flipper and did not use any of his code whatsoever. Flipper did do a good job, tho.
[ Working on: It's a secret! ]
[ Links: My Mods | My Site | PALGN ]

Wooly Spud

Post by Wooly Spud » Mon Mar 10, 2003 1:49 am

mine was not based on either of the other ones. and im not saying that mine is without bugs... I havnt found one yet though.

That aside ive been lazy and didnt feal like working on geting it to add new bans. i wanted to do it like the already existing ban control panel that came with phpbb but in the end i didnt want to just copy the phpbb code into my mod to have it do it. I felt it wouldnt have been right to do so.

of course if someone from phpbb group like say... AbelaJohnB said it was ok to do so then i could add that in a matter of minutes.

Wooly Spud

Post by Wooly Spud » Fri Mar 14, 2003 7:28 am

--[Edited]--

New version.

Changes:
1. Name changed to Advanced Banned User Manager
2. Added Ability to ban users. Works the same as the current ban user module. (uses same code to process bans).
3. Cut 2 un-needed variables
4. Removed Excess unused Code from template file and script.
5. Zip now contains both the Screenshot and the English Language pack.
6. Added use of Pre-existing phpbb variables. (i noticed a ever-so slight speed gain after doing this.)
7. Page now pulls user information for email bans.

[Edited]

Links Removed for new files. Check latest post for proper download.
Last edited by Wooly Spud on Sun Mar 16, 2003 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

ia2ca

Post by ia2ca » Sun Mar 16, 2003 3:46 am

Just installed your mod Wooly, but had a slight error:

Code: Select all

The query: 'SELECT * FROM phpbb_attach_config' did not return any data
Maybe due to the fact I have no banned users as of yet, but the mod should probably have this error-handling.

Wooly Spud

Post by Wooly Spud » Sun Mar 16, 2003 4:36 am

Yeah.... I'm going to go fix that right now. that Die(); command is bad.

Bad command! Bad Command!

brb with a fix!

--[Edit]--

Ok back. heres the fix:

Find and remove the 3 instances of the following line in admin_user_banlist.php

or die ("The query: '$sql' did not return any data")
they appear in the numrows statement for each of the sort code chunks. Leave the ';' or you will get a Parse Error.

I'll fix the code and put in a friendly "No Baned Users for this Sort Method Found." message and upload the fixed download.

Wooly Spud

Post by Wooly Spud » Sun Mar 16, 2003 7:49 am

Ok, New Version....

>>Advanced Banned User Manager Page

Updates for 3.0:
1. If bans do not exist for a certain Sort method it no longer dies.
2. If there are no bans it now shows a friendly No Bans message.
3. Pagination will only apear on pages if needed.
4. Screenshot is now a png file.
5. Smaller download size.

Flipper

Post by Flipper » Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:20 am

*Guess who's back* hehe..

I've been trying to look through the two MODs, pointing out anything which could be improved (in regards to the phpBB coding standards).

sj26:- (I couldn't get to your site so this from memory of the previous version). Really well thought out, coded to a high standard. One little thing: foreach() is a PHP4 construct. phpBB 2.0.x was intended to run on both PHP 3 and 4 and therefore part of your code would fail under PHP 3. Instead try using:

while( list($var, $param) = @each($trim_var_list) )
	{
		if ( !empty($HTTP_POST_VARS[$param]) )
		{
			$$var = trim($HTTP_POST_VARS[$param]);
		}
	}
Thats all I can remember from your mod, if I had a copy, there would be a lot more.

Wooly Spud: Great ideas, bursting with features, very simple installation. Coding however doesn't do this MOD any favours. The most striking thing is the non-use of phpBB DBAL (Database Abstraction Layer) and the use of mysql_query, etc. If the MOD is only intended to work with one DB system, try using:

switch(SQL_LAYER)
	{
             case 'mysql':
             case 'mysql4'
             $sql = 'Select....'
            $db->sql_query($sql);
            etc.
            break;
       }
There is some good code in there, it's just some of it need to be refined. Also make sure any GET/POST requests are checked (numbers go through the intval() function, etc.).

This is all just my opinion on both MODs as they stand from a coding point of view. Feel free to ignore. :lol:
~Flipper
_____
Website - #Team.SoC - A Call of Duty clan
No PM/IM Support given :)

Luciouslinda

Post by Luciouslinda » Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:36 am

Flipper, just quick note, your site is down hun!!!
Linda

Luciouslinda

Post by Luciouslinda » Sun Mar 16, 2003 7:59 pm

Wooly Spud wrote: Ok, New Version....

>>Advanced Banned User Manager Page

Updates for 3.0:
1. If bans do not exist for a certain Sort method it no longer dies.
2. If there are no bans it now shows a friendly No Bans message.
3. Pagination will only apear on pages if needed.
4. Screenshot is now a png file.
5. Smaller download size.

Just a little somethng to do with this MOD, Wooly mate, there seems to be a problem!!! Please see image!!

If you look at this screen shot there seems to be a little problem, i have added a few accounts that i can play around with and some fake IP addresses and althought the MOD is great and works fine, you have a problem with the functions area, there is no text in it!!!

Also would there be a possibility that we could view all of the Bans that are active at the same time!!!

So instead of just seeing the

Banned Usernames
or
Banned IP
or
Banned Email

What about a View Banned All!!!! then people would not have to look around to see what and who is banned, it could all be there!!!!

Just a sugggestion!!
Linda

Wooly Spud

Post by Wooly Spud » Sun Mar 16, 2003 9:24 pm

Flipper - I havent quite figured out the whole DB abstraction layer usage yet. I am looking through the Knolege base looking for info on it. once i do ill fix that in the mod.

Luciouslinda - It looks like to me that you didnt install the language pack... I kept the language installation separate from the standard install file.

There is a file in the zip titled 'bulm_lp_english.txt' This is the english Language pack for this mod. Once you compy the information inside it to your lang_main.php file as per the instructions inside the 'bulm_lp_english.txt' file it should appear properly.

Also Thanks for the idea i will be adding a veiw all bans function to it in the next version.

I encourage anyone to create Language packs for other languages and submit them to me. ill be more then glad to add them to the zip :)

Luciouslinda

Post by Luciouslinda » Mon Mar 17, 2003 8:26 am

Thanks Wooly Spud

I did see that file but i looked at the install script and did not see any reference to it, anyway i have delete my old Forum and am starting with a new one on a new server!!!! So i will let you know how it goes, if in the mean time you get the view all into the .zip file before i do then i will be happy to test it for you!!!

/Doh me, i am silly i should read things before doing them should'nt i!!!!

He he never mind, keep up the good work,

On another note, i have no had chance to test them all out, Flippers one was great and easy to install, Wooly i tested yours and it works fine thanks mate, and sj26 i am about to test yours hun so i will let you know how it goes!!!
Linda

Wooly Spud

Post by Wooly Spud » Mon Mar 17, 2003 9:32 am

i just finished adding the all sort function. im reorganizing the Zip file and updating the install file. I am also going to be updating the sql handling methods and ill let you all know when i update the file.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Requests”