Mod to create an application form, and post to forum.

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
Mizpah

Mod to create an application form, and post to forum.

Post by Mizpah »

Hey guys 'n girls,

I am looking for a mod to manage applications to a guild, via PHPBB however I would suspect that this would have many uses! After a lot of searching I can see some abandonded mods, and some discussions around development, but I have failed to find an available mod that I can implement (and I am no programmer :( ).

Here is (ideally) what I would like to do:

1) Have an application form, on a page reached via a link visable only to people who are registered, but not part of a member group (or selected groups). For this form and page to follow the in use phpbb style (and future template changes).

2) To be able to set up all of the fields on my form from within a control panel, to make some fields manditory, and to perform some validation on fields.

3) To put a captcha verification check on submission of the form.

4) For the completed form to be output (with formatting) to a given forum, to which other members can commit on, but the original poster has no access to.

5) For the topic of the post to be derived from the form and its contents (ie. Application from Name, a Level X, Class.)

6) For an email to be sent to the user confirming that we have recieved thier application, for an email to be sent to a given forum group urging them to look at the application.

7) (nice to have) The ability to use the control panel, or an admin option, to resolve the application - i.e. I could approve or decline an applicant, and for them to recieve an automatic responce. Ideally containing a reason that I might enter into a form when approving or declining.

8) (nice to have) The ability to see if the user has previously applied, (i.e. user X has applied 3 times before), along with copies of previous applications, outcomes, and comments.

9) The abilty to ban users\IP's from submitting the form in the first place (or for the 79th time).

10) Not essential for my purposes - but if multiple forms could be managed on differing pages this would extend dramatically the potential userbase and the applications for such a mod.

11) (Nice to have) Routed or Dynamic forms - in my case someone selects a certain 'class', and they then have to answer some class specific questions.

12) (Nice to have) A mechanic that allows an admin user to deliberately ask a return question to the original applicant, and have thier responce made available, linked to the original application. (This would have to happen in such a fashion that they would not see comments made to thier application by others).

Now I am sure that there is no such thing out there as we speak, certainly with regards to the 'nice to have' features, however I am hopefull that some of the basics here are available in a mod that I have missed! So if anyone has any ideas please let me know, I am being pushed to get recruitment opened up (as well as a 100 other tasks) on this new site!

For reference I am currently running 2.0.22, SubBlack, Attach Mod and Custom Profile Fields. Many thanks to anyone who can point me in the correct direction!!! :lol:

zakish

Re: Mod to create an application form, and post to forum.

Post by zakish »

I was just about to make the same suggestion but mine was far simpler. However if anyone does create this mod some of the OPs suggestions are just fantastic and would be phenomenal to see implemented.

My personal requests would be as such:

- The ability to create an input form where only registered users could fill out the form

- The ability to enable an anti-webbot verification code to forms to prevent spam

- The ability to customize all fields and have various input options (text boxes, radio buttons, check boxes, etc)

- The ability to send said information to at the very minimum a private message to one or more recipients.

Those are the simple and easy (to ask for maybe not to program :P) requirements that i would like to see. As mentioned by the OP the ability to have the form "posted" into a specified forum would be utterly fantastic as well as some of the other more involved features that were suggested.

Thanks in advance!

Mizpah

Post by Mizpah »

Thanks Zakish.

The suggestions are just based on the items that would make my life the easiest! However I am really hoping for some guidence of what I can do today to meet this need - or as much of it as possible!

What are you doing at the moment Zakish ?

zakish

Post by zakish »

Exact same thing as you, managing a guild website and i want a more professional look to applications. My system currently works, but copy/paste of my application template into a new post/pm and filling in the blanks is tedious and requires more effort. I believe with a better system more people would apply and it would look better :)

Mizpah

Post by Mizpah »

Zakish,

Take a look at this post, this is what I am currently investigating, if anyone can offer any other suggestions I would love any help (or if there are any bored mod writers out there looking for a new pet project?? :lol: )

zakish

Post by zakish »

Thx Mizpah ill check it out. Ive spent the last 4 hours searching through the forums here and have found many broken links and abandoned mods which is understandable considering this is mostly done out of the goodness of peoples hearts. But it seems to me that the idea of a custom form mod that can be created through an ACP is in HIGH demand these days. I would really look forward to someone developing this mod. I would do it myself if i was any kind of a coder but sadly im not lol

Wingzfan

Post by Wingzfan »

Have you tried the "Form To Post" mod? Does all the above except the private message.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=289814

zakish

Post by zakish »

Wingzfan wrote:Have you tried the "Form To Post" mod? Does all the above except the private message.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=289814
The mod is exactly what im looking for, HOWEVER... the mod has been listed as abandoned by the moderators and all the links are broken. Its not possible to try that mod as it "technically" doesnt exist :P

Wingzfan

Post by Wingzfan »

I use it and it works perfect. Lemme see if I have a copy of it.

Wingzfan

Post by Wingzfan »

zakish

Post by zakish »

you my friend are a total life saver! Thank you ever so kindly!

zakish

Post by zakish »

Ok, i got this mod installed and operational and while it was somewhat confusing to work with at first i made out quite alright in the end and was very very very pleased with its performance. Theres a couple things im not too fond of but i know enough to work my way around them.

However there does seem to be one major flaw with the mod and i was wondering if anyone is willing to take up a little project :P The FORM TO POST mod only allows you to create text boxes, drop down menus and radio buttons. I really wish that it had the ability to create/use check boxes for multiple options within a single question field. If anyone can either show me how to implement this and/or take it upon themselves to improve upon this wonderful mod that would be utterly fantastic!

Thanks again to wingzfan for getting this mod out and available to me and the many other people that im sure would be happy to use it and thanks in advance to the replies!

Phpbb for life!

Airax

Post by Airax »

I've installed this, but I can't get the check boxes, or drop menus to work.

Wingzfan

Post by Wingzfan »

You have to assign them to a question first.

Airax

Post by Airax »

I've assigned them all, selected the checkboxes etc, and it just reverts back to the default.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Requests”