New banning system.

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
DreAdeDcoRpSE

New banning system.

Post by DreAdeDcoRpSE »

Just a thought, We created something like what I am going to explain for our gamming server, and pretty sure it can be done with phpBB, but we dont know the workings of phpBB very well. Well here it goes...

What I was thinking was a way to create a ban bypass system. Basically if you ban a range ban to stop a hacker, or just a problemmatic person, then you ban everyone in that guys range. I know, since we are a gamming clan and we have some people we have banned from our server but not our forums for reason's that it would ban a few other people that dont deserver to be banned.

Basically what we did was we created a way, if we ban a range and someone that doesent deserver to be banned is cought up in the ban, we give them there own private password, and when they com on, they type the password we gave them and it will bypass the ban. Only as long as they use that password they can bypass the ban. If they forget it or loose it then they have to contact the admin to reset there password or retrieve it. The was our log works on our gamming server is like if its a range ban of 1.1.1.1 - 1.255.255.255 we would type something like

1.1.1.1-1.255.255.255|PASSWORD|REASON FOR BANNING

But would have to be that eloberate, just a way so we can ban ranges but people that are cought up in that range can be givin a password to bypass it, and also create the password section in the ban section, either right on that page or make like a little icon that would be hiddin on that page where they would click that certian image and that would popup a password selection, either on a new page or right on that page.

Didnt know if its possiable with phpBB to do something like that.

DreAdeDcoRpSE

Re: New banning system.

Post by DreAdeDcoRpSE »

Anyone up for this task of trying to do it??? If its possiable on phpBB.

DreAdeDcoRpSE

Post by DreAdeDcoRpSE »

anyone?

DreAdeDcoRpSE

Post by DreAdeDcoRpSE »

interisting, 113 views and no responces, I am taking that this is not possiable, or if it is then its just out of the knowledgement of us. Hrm... oh well, would have been a nice feature.

3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

DreAdeDcoRpSE wrote:Just a thought, We created something like what I am going to explain for our gamming server, and pretty sure it can be done with phpBB, but we dont know the workings of phpBB very well. Well here it goes...

What I was thinking was a way to create a ban bypass system. Basically if you ban a range ban to stop a hacker, or just a problemmatic person, then you ban everyone in that guys range. I know, since we are a gamming clan and we have some people we have banned from our server but not our forums for reason's that it would ban a few other people that dont deserver to be banned.

Basically what we did was we created a way, if we ban a range and someone that doesent deserver to be banned is cought up in the ban, we give them there own private password, and when they com on, they type the password we gave them and it will bypass the ban. Only as long as they use that password they can bypass the ban. If they forget it or loose it then they have to contact the admin to reset there password or retrieve it. The was our log works on our gamming server is like if its a range ban of 1.1.1.1 - 1.255.255.255 we would type something like

1.1.1.1-1.255.255.255|PASSWORD|REASON FOR BANNING

But would have to be that eloberate, just a way so we can ban ranges but people that are cought up in that range can be givin a password to bypass it, and also create the password section in the ban section, either right on that page or make like a little icon that would be hiddin on that page where they would click that certian image and that would popup a password selection, either on a new page or right on that page.

Didnt know if its possiable with phpBB to do something like that.
Yes, it is possible, so to answer your final question. :ugeek:

The main problems are to find somebody else that's interested on this and an audit too.
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
:studio_microphone: Premium extensions @ The Studio

DreAdeDcoRpSE

Post by DreAdeDcoRpSE »

True, If there are any gaming clans using phpBB2 then this might be handy towards those that they band from there servers, but General pop probably wouldn't need this. Its something that I do need.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Requests”