A Better New User Account Email?

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
neps

A Better New User Account Email?

Post by neps » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:35 pm

hey everyone.

Because of the random occurrence of spam and trolls on the board, that I made every sign up pass my desk first by turning on Admin verification in the prefs. While this prevented trolls from entering the board, it also hurt our existing users; if they wanted to change their email address - their account became inactive requiring me to verify again.

I was wondering if there was anyway to make the email we get sent more helpful:
Hello,

The account owned by "johngerald" has been deactivated or newly created, you should check the details of this user (if required) and activate it using the following link:

http://knightrideronline.com/phpbb/prof ... y=591d9566
The problem with this email is that the only option is to activate, which isn't good when you want to verify if the person is legit or not.

Is there any to modify this email to take you to the admin profile view? Also it would be helpful if the mail itself showed the author creation date and if they already have a post count. this will help me instantly approve the current members.

i don't want to punish our core, but we get 20-40 emails a day - and sometimes its daunting. The current email is pretty useless, cause it tells me someone needs help, but then I still need to goto the board,to the admin and search for the user name. if there is any way to have at the very least the admin profile link that when clicked would take me right to the persons info, that would be huge.

thanks for your time.

neil

Phil
Former Team Member
Name: Phil Crumm

Re: A Better New User Account Email?

Post by Phil » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:37 pm

You may want to consider reading this.
Moving on, with the wind. | My Corner of the Web

neps

Re: A Better New User Account Email?

Post by neps » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:55 pm

Thank you sir. There are a few mods listed there that I already use. However, I don't see a way to adjust the email I get sent. Having only an activation link in the email seems pretty useless.

neil

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Requests”