iframe height

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
bum63

iframe height

Post by bum63 »

I know this was asked million times how to make iframe height auto adjust, I found few scripts you can use to achieve this if you want to place one of your own pages as iframe on another page, but the question is does anybody know how to get this working if you want to place page from another domain on one of your pages as iframe?
Like I have here

Thanks in advance
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: iframe height

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

bum63 wrote:I know this was asked million times how to make iframe height auto adjust, I found few scripts you can use to achieve this if you want to place one of your own pages as iframe on another page, but the question is does anybody know how to get this working if you want to place page from another domain on one of your pages as iframe?
Like I have here

Thanks in advance
can't do it. I have never found a way to do this. That is one of the main reasons why it is not a good idea to try and put the board into an iframe.

If you want to wrap the board in your main site, just edit the overall_header.tpl file for your style with the html from your main page header and menus etc.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
bum63

Post by bum63 »

can't do it. I have never found a way to do this. That is one of the main reasons why it is not a good idea to try and put the board into an iframe.

If you want to wrap the board in your main site, just edit the overall_header.tpl file for your style with the html from your main page header and menus etc.
Well if you take a good look at this page you'll see this has nothing to do with board, that's my server's stats page. Simple question is: did anybody found the way to place iframe from another domain with out scroll bars and have height auto adjusted

Thanks
Bum...
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

bum63 wrote:

Well if you take a good look at this page you'll see this has nothing to do with board, that's my server's stats page. Simple question is: did anybody found the way to place iframe from another domain with out scroll bars and have height auto adjusted

Thanks
Bum...
and the simple answer is ... no.

that is what I said above. it doesn't matter what you are putting into the iframe, it won't auto adjust as far as I have been able to figure out.

also, if this is not related to your board, then why are you asking it in the phpbb MOD request forum?

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Requests”