Family Tree

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Father and mother are the same relation than son and daughter : only a matter of reading. To get the more single link, the son/daugther->father/mother direction is the best to store it.

Married and divorced are also the same relation, with an end date,

Brother/sister are not a direct relation : you have the information by using the parents identification (share one of the same parent).

This is very important not to have duplicated way to determine a relative link in order to assure the cohesion of the database, so you'll need to set the relations as row in a relations table.
Haywood Jahelpme

Post by Haywood Jahelpme »

Is this coming along at all?
dannic06

Post by dannic06 »

Haywood Jahelpme wrote: Is this coming along at all?

Slowly, yes. I do have other projects and this one is taking a back burner and gets worked on when I get bored of the other projects.

Anyone else is welcome to work on it if they can't wait for me to get it done.
kosherjava

phpGedView

Post by kosherjava »

Hi,
I'd suggest that you have a look at phpGedview. It's an open source genealogy website builder. There are 2 versions. 1 that uses a standard gedcom file while the other uses mySQL. It has great looking pedigree trees, descendant trees and many other features. It has login and authentication ......
for more info have a look at Sourceforge.net phpGedView project page, or at the website of http://phpgedview.sourceforge.net/. What is needed now is a simple way to hook the 2 of these projects. There is already a module for common login with phpNuke. How about the same for pgpBB?
Have a look at the demo site at : http://genealogy.finlayfamily.org/
Does this meet the bill of what everyone is looking for?
:)
dannic06

Post by dannic06 »

That would definately make it easier. I'll look into it to see how well it would fit the situation.
GenealogistLisa

Post by GenealogistLisa »

I was wanting to know about if Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr
submitted template for the http://www.clanmckeen.com/forum. I really like the colors and the style. I'm wanting to have something like that for my genealogy forum. Please help, is this in English too or just french? Is there a way to download a zip file with this style and what would it be called?

Thanks for any help
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

You know what ? It is subSilver, only cleaned up from hard-coded references and missing classes re-add, using a true css, and moded with the rpgnet mods :). Note also that you haven't only one css used, but many (at least 4 by memories). Take a look to the forum Alliance on the same board ie :).

I don't plan to publicate a template yet, as it is particulary of no use to set all the subSilver files in a template pack. I will rather - when I will have the time :) - publish the modifications to do in order to clean up subSilver from the dirty qualifications ;).
MizeryDeAria

Post by MizeryDeAria »

I'd like a solution in which a family tree can be developed and maintained collaboratively via a web-based interface.
leoz

Attempting phpbb Addon for Family Tree Database.

Post by leoz »

Looks like it's been awhile since anyone has posted an update on this topic?

Anyways, I am attempted a phpbb forum based addon for a Family Surname research. If anyone is interested in ideas/suggestions/etc., you are more than welcome to jump in.

I have 20 surname forums currently running a beta version right now and all seems ok, so now I am working on making the public release of this project.

As I mentioned before, I more than welcome input from phpbb users here, since you are definitely more educated in the forum than I! 8)

Once I get this completed, I definitely intend to submit it to this phpbb group for public access.

Current MOD info at:

The webBase Project MOD

Look for the link near the top titled "Connect to webBases". Again these are betas and will be updated/changed etc, according to what you see under the "The webBase Project MOD" forum located at the same link above.

Notice the "Crawford" Surname from the "Connect to webBase" link for the most entries so far, 10,000!, which relates to over 27,000 phpbb forum entries!

Hope to see your help/ideas/suggestions soon!
Mark
leoz

Database Testing help?

Post by leoz »

I am looking for an interested member to test out the functions I have created so far. Also if anyone wants to join in, feel free!
Any help here greatly appreciated.
leoz

Ready for Beta testing!

Post by leoz »

Our new genealogy mod is ready for Beta testing now! We want to make sure all functions are working correctly before submitting our new mod to the phpbb forum.

It would be great if we could get a graphic talented user to create a better template for displaying of the information. I have to admit the display of this information could use much improvement, but the information is there.

Have a happy new year!
Henock

Anywhere

Post by Henock »

:?:
Any progress on this from anyone?
Geeky snowborder Zed.
Henock

Anywhere

Post by Henock »

:?:

Any progress on this from anyone?