How can i keep my Forum Active ?

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
SteeLx

How can i keep my Forum Active ?

Post by SteeLx »

Sir,

I'm new to php, i dunno php language, but i know how install some easy mods of phpBB2 that contains install instructions.

My forum is a Gaming forum for users of age 10 to 20yr's most users r noobs.. 10yr's.. 12yr's.
My query is, How can i keep my forum active or how can i make my users Motivated to post reply.

Cus my forum contains only warrock gamin guides & trainers, cheat. So users just Register to my forum & download & Leech all stuph.

Is there any phpBB 2 MOD that will add users Reputation + some kinda thanks.. i have seen on many forums.
OR any otehr new featured MOD to keep forum users motivated to post reply. !
I tried to add THANKS MOD last time & screwed up my forum.. so i reinstalled phpBB2. LOL actually i was on phpBB3.. now i'm using phpBB 2.0.23

Please do the needfull.

:)
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Re: How can i keep my Forum Active ?

Post by karlsemple »

Moved to the mod request forum :)
MartectX
Translator

Post by MartectX »

Search for "Was this post helpful" or sth. in that respect. Also there's a CASH mod, maybe that can accomplish what you need.
SteeLx

Post by SteeLx »

MartectX wrote:Search for "Was this post helpful" or sth. in that respect. Also there's a CASH mod, maybe that can accomplish what you need.
but i think CASH mod need SQL changes, i know how to operate phpmyadmin, but i'm scared of getting anything wrong & getting screw my forum again.
dellsystem
Former Team Member
Name: Wendy

Post by dellsystem »

There's also a reputation MOD http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=368075

If you're worried about doing the SQL queries you can use this http://www.phpbbhacks.com/forums/db_generator.php

However you should know that it's more FAR likely to mess up a file edit than a SQL query. What are the chances that you'll accidentally type in DROP DATABASE my_database ? And if you backup your database regularly (as well as your files) and keep everything up-to-date then you're pretty safe :)
Former moderator and website team member | My MODs, and more (GitHub)
Tylerdiaz

Post by Tylerdiaz »

Its fiarly easy to install cash mod with easymod, if you read the last step instruction you dont even need to open php my admin or anything to do with sql. =3
Pm me if you wont mind installing a phpbb 2.0 MOD, Im most likely to tip. ;)
SteeLx

Post by SteeLx »

Tylerdiaz wrote:Its fiarly easy to install cash mod with easymod, if you read the last step instruction you dont even need to open php my admin or anything to do with sql. =3
I'm unable to install easymod cus it's keep sayign not writable.. i already did CHMOD 755 to folders & 644 to .php & other files.
dellsystem
Former Team Member
Name: Wendy

Post by dellsystem »

EasyMOD support is at http://area51.phpbb.com, not here, thanks.

And you don't need to use easymod to install. In fact, once you have more than a few MODs on your board it's recommended to do it by hand to avoid Unable-To-Find errors.
Former moderator and website team member | My MODs, and more (GitHub)
SteeLx

Post by SteeLx »

sure, i will try it :D i already posted a HELP post in easymod section

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Requests”