REQUEST: Admin/Mod Warning Pop-Up?

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
JayJ

Post by JayJ »

hehe let's see what Flipper comes up with ;) Once again thanks Flipper
LifeIsPain
Former Team Member

Post by LifeIsPain »

Just remember, many people have pop-up blocking software on their machine (I enabled it in Mozilla) so perhaps it would be better to follow the setting on if they wan't pop-up notices of new PMs or not. If they don't, perhaps a note in the overall header would be better.
LifeIsPain - one who needs to be smackedLife is pain, highness! Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Flipper

Post by Flipper »

That is a good idea. That would save a lot of hassle. Plus with userlevel checking, it would still allow for admin-to-user and admin-to-mod messages.

We'll see what the others think.....
~Flipper
_____
Website - #Team.SoC - A Call of Duty clan
No PM/IM Support given :)
JayJ

Post by JayJ »

sounds good to me
khisanthax

Post by khisanthax »

good idea lifeispain =) didn't think of that one
JayJ

Post by JayJ »

hehe
PureBobba

Post by PureBobba »

well I am so greatful that you have picked this one up flipper, its very kind of you to use your own time to create this mod.

Just to clerify a few points, these don't need to be included if you don't think so but this was the initial intention for the mod;

* The initial Idea of it was to create a system were you could type in a message to a specific user if they had done something wrong.

*The pop-up should come up and they would have to press on ok to remove the pop-up.

That was the initial idea and only mods/admins should be able to send it. I think the interest in this mod has grown which is great so if others wish to change it slightly thats great, i don't mind. You do what you think is right Flipper.
PureBobba

Post by PureBobba »

BUMP

:D
drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun »

PureBobba wrote: * The initial Idea of it was to create a system were you could type in a message to a specific user if they had done something wrong.

*The pop-up should come up and they would have to press on ok to remove the pop-up.

Why can't you just PM the user? It already comes with the software, and it works essentially as you described. Plus, you have the benefit of being able to confirm if they have read the message or not.

I thought you wanted to set up a message for everyone on the board, not just a specific user... :?

Dave
I blog about phpBB: phpBBDoctor blog
Still using phpbb2? So am I! Click below for details
PureBobba

Post by PureBobba »

Yes and no. I want the ability to be able to mass message the whole user forum but I want to be able to warn users if they have done something wrong.

You know the windows warning messages that come up on screen and you have to press something to close them, thats what I want!

I don't think i have mislead people from my initial plans but If i have I am sorry. Either way this will work out to be a good mod anyway.
drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun »

Well, you could PM users to warn them, and there is a "global announcement" mod floating around somewhere. Just some food for thought. I hate to reinvent the wheel. ;-)

Dave
I blog about phpBB: phpBBDoctor blog
Still using phpbb2? So am I! Click below for details
PureBobba

Post by PureBobba »

yeh I know but it doesn't have the same effect because this is more official than just sending a PM.
drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun »

Not trying to argue, but what is more "official" than a PM from the administrator of the board? :-)
JayJ

Post by JayJ »

hah - in my eyes PMs are good for nothing :P just annoying.

Anyway....

My idea was....

an add-on to the Yellow Card MOD - the ability to warn a user - which in turns shows a user a yellow card BUT ALSO a pop-up aswell as the email.
PureBobba

Post by PureBobba »

drathbun wrote: Not trying to argue, but what is more "official" than a PM from the administrator of the board? :-)

I know your not buddy. I just find it slightly more, as a batter word, "official" and "formal" for a user to recieve a pop-up. It shows authenticity too.

JayJ : Your idea is good. I agree that it would be helpful and it is a basic to what i am after :)

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Requests”