phpBB 2 Webmail

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
dwright2104

phpBB 2 Webmail

Post by dwright2104 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:55 pm

I am looking for an integrated php webmail feature that can replace my horde webmail on my cPanel server.

I have tried converting an open source webmail client called v-webmail, as it has separate template and language folders. http://v-webmail.sourceforge.net/

I have had no luck as yet.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: phpBB 2 Webmail

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:50 pm

dwright2104 wrote:I am looking for an integrated php webmail feature that can replace my horde webmail on my cPanel server.

I have tried converting an open source webmail client called v-webmail, as it has separate template and language folders. http://v-webmail.sourceforge.net/

and what is it that you would like this to do.

what does your webmail client have to do with your phpbb board?

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

dwright2104

Post by dwright2104 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:46 am

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
dwright2104 wrote:I am looking for an integrated php webmail feature that can replace my horde webmail on my cPanel server.

and what is it that you would like this to do.

what does your webmail client have to do with your phpbb board?

robert
ther is a small amount of users, mainly admins and moderators, that i want to give an email, thername@ourdomain.org, and have considered doing so using horde as there webmail client, but horde dusnt have a spam filter and search and better folder organisation as the v-webmail dose and i'd like to have the v-webmail with the phpbb header and footer and using the phpbb templates and languages.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:15 pm

my first question is why do you want to mess with web mail to begin with.

give your moderators an email account at your server. let them worry about how to access it.

Most people would simply create a new account in their email program like outlook express or outlook, or whatever they are using.

Now, if you want to install some type of webmail software on your server, that is not something that you can do with phpbb.

If you can figure out how to do that part, then you have to figure out how to make the webmail page a php page, then you have to put in phpbb code at the top of the php pages, then you have to put in all the phpbb code for whatever phpbb stuff you want in those pages.

This is a lot of work for something that people probably won't even use.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

dwright2104

Post by dwright2104 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:27 pm

yeh i realised it would be alot of work after i started. the v-webmail is already in php. i may just need to wait on someone else coming up with a webmail for phpbb.

there is several reasons why i want to have the webmail, is that it will look the same as my site as i only use phpbb as it has plenty of mods, ie calendar, photo album ect. i did create the index page then realised there was portals tht done the same as i had created so have implemented alot into the index.

other reasons are that some are not moderators, are special members, which wouldnot know how to use the such of outlook, which i personally use, and most moderators will require access from any pc and not the same one, preventing you from using outlook.

NWCPNE1

Post by NWCPNE1 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:59 pm

Lumpy stop giving people a hard time, they on here for help not to be B***hed at by people in the know. All you read on this board of late, is people and some mods giving hell to others. Just remember we need help thats why we come on here.
http://www.nwcpnefc.co.uk for PNE Fans in North Wales and Cheshire, but we welcome all, including fans from other clubs.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:06 am

NWCPNE1 wrote:Lumpy stop giving people a hard time, they on here for help not to be B***hed at by people in the know. All you read on this board of late, is people and some mods giving hell to others. Just remember we need help thats why we come on here.
what in the world are you talking about?

I was not giving him a hard time at all. I was offering help and advice.

but thank you for your concern about how I conduct my business.

robert

dwright2104

Post by dwright2104 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:55 pm

i came up with a solution which wasn't what i wanted but worked.

i added a new page and .tpl file and basically inserted an iframe with the webmail (roundcube) i used. roundcube had similar colors to my forum and all i done was change the logo to my own and it looked the part and worked.

Jim_UK
Former Team Member

Post by Jim_UK » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:23 pm

This was not really any sort of mod for phpBB2.
And NWCPNE1 I am immediately attracted to posts like yours as they raise the hackles on the back of my neck. Clearly you were looking to start some sort of confrontational discussion contrary to http://www.phpbb.com/rules/#rule1b so I suggest you check your PM's shortly.

Jim
The truth is out there.
Unfortunately they will not let you anywhere near it!

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Requests”