What constitutes a SEO friendly url with PHP?

The 2.0.x discussion forum has been locked; this will remain read-only. The 3.0.x discussion forum has been renamed phpBB Discussion.
chillspike

Re: What constitutes a SEO friendly url with PHP?

Post by chillspike »

Hi,

Awesome thread.
I just registered because I thought this thread was so cool. I learned about fifty things from it already.

Coincidentally, I found it through a search on Google. I typed in - no quotes - "example of good seo friendly urls". Phpbb.com was first.

I have lots of questions about implementing seo urls with a php script I have but I don't want to hijack this thread eve though it's very relevant. Do you guys recommend I start a new thread?

Thanks,
Mike
Jim_UK
Former Team Member

Post by Jim_UK »

chillspike wrote:Hi,

Awesome thread.
I just registered because I thought this thread was so cool. I learned about fifty things from it already.

Coincidentally, I found it through a search on Google. I typed in - no quotes - "example of good seo friendly urls". Phpbb.com was first.

I have lots of questions about implementing seo urls with a php script I have but I don't want to hijack this thread eve though it's very relevant. Do you guys recommend I start a new thread?

Thanks,
Mike
As this is not a support topic but a discussion one then there is little point in starting a new identical topic.
This would be the place. Remember that it is a phpBB2 discussion topic though won't you.

Jim
The truth is out there.
Unfortunately they will not let you anywhere near it!
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

the fact that phpbb.com came up first, should tell you something about how you don't need anything special for seo for phpbb.

notice the url for the link that you found. it is just full of that stuff that the SEO "experts" will tell you doesnt work.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Jim_UK
Former Team Member

Post by Jim_UK »

Hi Robert

Not sure why folks find these topics
Cool
as I find it ever so boring that these topics go on and on and on page after page after page when the whole issue is not worth wasting breath on.
Google and others index your site perfectly well without any "help" from you.
I may come back and say the same when this gets to page 10. ;)

Jim
The truth is out there.
Unfortunately they will not let you anywhere near it!

Return to “2.0.x Discussion”