Junction of Forum's

The 2.0.x discussion forum has been locked; this will remain read-only. The 3.0.x discussion forum has been renamed phpBB Discussion.
dojo.ro

Post by dojo.ro » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:47 pm

This worked, but I have issues with

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'user_custitle' in 'field list'

Custom titles or something like that .. What's the 11 value in the query you gave me? Can I put the same query but with the table names changed?
Webmaster Tips & Tricks - forums, articles, tutorials, free exclusive graphics and forum themes
My blog

D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:02 pm

As I mentioned, check the structure of the field in the first table to know what values to use. Custom title is a text field, so you would not want to use INT. 11 is the length of the field.

It appears that you may have a lot of fields to add. The easiest thing to do, is export the structure of the users table of the first database, drop the users table on the second database and recreate it using the structure from the first database. You will have to change the table prefix before recreating.
Have you hugged someone today?

dojo.ro

Post by dojo.ro » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:45 pm

I have made the checks and now I think they should match. Still, after all these unsuccessful merges I think the script is a bit "scared". Here is the error I get now:

Code: Select all

Shifting IDs in table categories
UPDATE womeno_club.phpbb_categories SET cat_id = cat_id + 49992 + 3 WHERE cat_id > 0
UPDATE womeno_club.phpbb_categories SET cat_id = cat_id - 49992 WHERE cat_id > 0
  Altering dependent table: forums : cat_id (offset = 3)
UPDATE womeno_club.phpbb_forums SET cat_id = cat_id + 49992 + 3 WHERE cat_id > 0
UPDATE womeno_club.phpbb_forums SET cat_id = cat_id - 49992 WHERE cat_id > 0

Shifting IDs in table forums
UPDATE womeno_club.phpbb_forums SET forum_id = forum_id + 65535 + 32348 WHERE forum_id > 0

SQL Error : 1062 Duplicate entry '65535' for key 1

UPDATE womeno_club.phpbb_forums SET forum_id = forum_id + 65535 + 32348 WHERE forum_id > 0

Line : 314
File : /home/womeno/public_html/test/merge_phpbb.php
is there any way I can "reset" the merge counts? or?

I don't have so many categories or posts ...
Webmaster Tips & Tricks - forums, articles, tutorials, free exclusive graphics and forum themes
My blog

dojo.ro

Post by dojo.ro » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:26 pm

I have thought about something else since I was able to solve the issue I showed in the previous post but had another set of errors.

I am thinking about doing this manually ...

I need to know what SQL query to run in order to increment the IDs with the ones I have on my board. I mean I have 3 main categories. I need the second database to have the categories ID increased with 3.

I have 17 forums and I want to add the others to the main database, but their ID must be more than 17 so that they don't overwrite my own. what do you think? can I do this?

Is there such a command that I can run in phpmyadmin to increase these values and then import the data?
My blog

D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:09 pm

There is no command in phpMyAdmin to increase id's. You have to do a backup of the database and edit the file with a text editor. And it is a loit more invoved than just changing the forum ids in the forum table.

My suggestion is to use the script in this post, http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 25#1123325
Read through that topic and you will find the fix for the Shifting Categories ID error.
Have you hugged someone today?

dojo.ro

Post by dojo.ro » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:12 pm

I have read that topic 10 times already :) This is how I solved a lot of previous errors .. but that shifting tables with the duplicate error is killing me. And in that topic there wasn't an answer ...

Well .. I foound something on another topic and posted the code there ... I still have to work on the database .. and clean the mess, but maybe I'll make it ;)
My blog

Jaleel

Post by Jaleel » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:06 pm

okay i ahve one question..

im about to merge this other forum with mine.

so what hack/code do i need to get all there topics/posts/mebers onto my forum with leaving mine there?

Jaleel

Post by Jaleel » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:38 pm

http://www.typo.nl/misc/merge_phpbb.phps

does this merge topics/posts/members into the other php?

Return to “2.0.x Discussion”