2.0.7 vs 2.0.7a question

The 2.0.x discussion forum has been locked; this will remain read-only. The 3.0.x discussion forum has been renamed phpBB Discussion.
uncle.f

2.0.7 vs 2.0.7a question

Post by uncle.f » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:49 am

In the announcements forum it says that the 'Possible SQL Injection' fix have been incorporated into the downloadable packages.
However if I open 2.0.7a files that should have been updated, I cannot see any of the directives mentioned further in the security announcement.

And another question: why PHPBB downloadable packages never have that revision letter in the file name? Because of that, and because of the previous paragraph, I am not sure if I have 2.0.7 or 2.0.7a, although I've just downloaded it from Sourceforge...

Could you please clarify the situation,

Reagards

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham » Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:49 pm

It appears that some of the SF mirrors have not updated, so you may need to try a different mirror to get the latest version.

(As an asside to those who know SF better than me, I thought that the mirrors should be in synch after 24 hours of an update?)
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!

uncle.f

Post by uncle.f » Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:12 pm

Thanks Ghaham,

You were right, indeed!
Some mirrors STILL have the old version of PHPBB (and it is the 25th of March today, meaning it's been a week now!).

The mirror that has the right one is "Brookfield, WI".

search.php has 18 March in the header.

I REALLY wish PHPBB guys included revision letter (a, b, c...) in the filename. Then it wouldn't be such a mess...

Best regards

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:17 pm

The point is defunct no anyway, since the new release has been number 2.0.8 so you'll know what it is :)
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!

Return to “2.0.x Discussion”