Trying to prevent registration abuse...

The 2.0.x discussion forum has been locked; this will remain read-only. The 3.0.x discussion forum has been renamed phpBB Discussion.
safe_reader

Post by safe_reader »

Speaking of spam, I just deleted about 20 posts this morning. Then i also noticed my e=mail server isn't filting things out just right. Ohhh I put email bans on certain accounts that I closed, and every time I test sending JUNK to these accounts the mails do in effect become blocked. But for some reason... when spammers send mail to the same accounts, it gets through.

Scratching my head here at a loss for what exploit they are using in that department now.

If I can't get phpBB's spam problem under control, hopefully I can at least solve my e-mail issue.

knipjo

thanks for the sumarize

Post by knipjo »

Hello Ady-baby,
thanks a lot for having sumarized most of the anti-bot patches.

I also added the fact to no longer list the banned users:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=445400
of course, thanks also flies out to the brave patches authors...

hopefully this will make me survive until the 3.0 release.
also I hope the 3.0 will take most of those modifications into account by default. can someone confirm that?

Thanks,
john.

jenkaiser

Re: Trying to prevent registration abuse...

Post by jenkaiser »

I tried the previous post by adding the code to two of my pages. It changed nothing. I still get 10-12 spam users added each day. I made the board require my authorization, but that's not a solution. I am not very good with programming code, so I need help. Please let me know if there is another solution. Thanks.

jenkaiser

Re: Trying to prevent registration abuse...

Post by jenkaiser »

Another note on this topic. When I added the code that was listed on page one of this issue, it had added more spam than ever. I am currently getting over 25 spam additions each day. Someone please help!!!!

Return to “2.0.x Discussion”