changing the overallheader.tpl to .php

The 2.0.x discussion forum has been locked; this will remain read-only. The 3.0.x discussion forum has been renamed phpBB Discussion.
idoia

changing the overallheader.tpl to .php

Post by idoia »

HI,

I would like to put some php code inside the template of overallheader (don' t ask why). However I would have to rename the file .php, will that be a problem ? If yes, what is my other options ?
thanks a lot.

Alex

autotoxicnuker

Post by autotoxicnuker »

Of corse there will be a problem! Why not just put php in phpbb_root/includes/page_header.php in the same fassion the rest is put in and edit overall_header.tpl with {MY_PHP}?

idoia

Post by idoia »

so this page_header is the one thats calls the template ?
ok thanks

idoia

Post by idoia »

Sorry about the noob question but, when the page_header.php calls the template overallheader.tpl, is this one echoed or is it placed within a variable to be be echoed afterwards ?
What I want to do is intead of having this template as header I want to ahave a customised header that can only be done by a php script, so I thought that instead of calling the template the phpscript would be called and this one would return the HTML code,
that is why I ask should my script echo the HTML code or should it return is as the content of a variable ?
thanks
Alex

Rookie7

Post by Rookie7 »

Why not just install the extreme styles mod HERE. It lets you use PHP in the template files. ;)

Draegonis
Former Team Member

Post by Draegonis »

Not a MOD request - Moved.
I'd suggest what Rookie7 said.

Return to “2.0.x Discussion”