Copyright removed

The 2.0.x discussion forum has been locked; this will remain read-only. The 3.0.x discussion forum has been renamed phpBB Discussion.
eco

Copyright removed

Post by eco »

Hello,
here you can find 2 URLs where the copyright of PHPbb has been removed.

http://www.eistimotion.org/Forum/
and
http://www.eisti2004.org/Forum/

Best regards![/url]
Seanchen

Post by Seanchen »

To be truthful they are just scum bags, but really not doing anything wrong. They are by the looks of the debug line, using an older version of PhpBB so I would not worry about it. Of course they could have enabled it, but sort of silly, I wanted to get rid of it the first day I used PhpBB. Anyhow email the admin of the board and tell them they should put the copyright back in, because it is because of this group we have such a great project :)
Teach

Post by Teach »

Seanchen wrote: To be truthful they are just scum bags, but really not doing anything wrong. They are by the looks of the debug line, using an older version of PhpBB so I would not worry about it...

8O

You don't think they're doing anything wrong. And you wouldn't worry about it. Well, that's a relief. :roll:

On the other hand, it doesn't make any difference what you think. I know that sounds mean, but are you one of the wonderful people who spent thousands of hours of their free time creating phpBB2 for us so that we could use it for free? It doesn't sound like you are. I know I'm not.

If you're not involved with the development of phpBB2, then you would probably be wise to let those who are respond to messages about copyright issues.
primedomain
Former Team Member

Post by primedomain »

Please report Copyright infringements to support@phpbb.com .

Thank you.
heretic

Post by heretic »

What is the point of deleting the copyright?
Step aside everyone! Sensitive love letters are my speciality. "Dear Baby, Welcome to
Dumpsville. Population: you."
blind

Post by blind »

The take credit for something you have not designed?
Teach

Post by Teach »

heretic wrote: What is the point of deleting the copyright?

So everyone who visits your site will think you're a great forum programmer instead of a thief. :lol:
bluerose

Post by bluerose »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
have to confess, I went over there and gave them a piece of my mind.

felt good too....

blue
Notepadders do it Hardcore
bluerose
Ethno Magazine
DBurton

Post by DBurton »

bluerose wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:
have to confess, I went over there and gave them a piece of my mind.

felt good too....

blue

IIRC, the phpBB Group has asked in the past that people not do this.
mach5

Post by mach5 »

They didn't remove it, you just can't see it. So maybe its a honest mistake?
bluerose

Post by bluerose »

DBurton wrote: IIRC, the phpBB Group has asked in the past that people not do this.

ohwaah! :? So I did something wrong then? 8O

I didn't realize that, and I wasn't being bad in any way, nor did I indicate in any way that I came from the phpBB. I just told them that I didn't think it was right that they'd removed the copyright and, by doing so, "stealing the thunder" from the guys who have spent countless hours/days on develope this forum. And I told them to be ashamed of themselves... :? 8O

But I didn't know that there was any past guidelines on speaking your mind, so I'm sorry for that :)

but....
....it felt good

blue
Notepadders do it Hardcore
bluerose
Ethno Magazine
Kanuck
Former Team Member

Post by Kanuck »

And as much as we'd like you guys not to do that, we know we can't really stop you... wink and nudge :)
Kanuck
Former phpBB.com team member
pjlev

Post by pjlev »

is it ok if this is what my footer copyright looks like?
starsandskullsclub.com
backend from phpBB.com
chAos
Former Team Member

Post by chAos »

basically, we cant stop people from removing the copyright as long as they dont claim it's theirs.

but, as you know if you read overall_footer.tpl, you dont get support from us. :P
psoTFX
Former Team Member

Post by psoTFX »

Kanuck wrote: And as much as we'd like you guys not to do that, we know we can't really stop you... wink and nudge :)

erm, we've made ourselves very clear on this and the moderators/support/etc. people should be echoing the same line ...

We do not want our users spamming or otherwise following up issues such as raised here either directly or via the boards concerned. This applies to issues with copyright, issues with the use of subSilver, whatever All encouraging users to do this results in is phpBB looking 'bad' and that's totally unacceptable. Any user here found to be spamming other boards concerning something like this is likely to find themselves unwelcome by phpBB ...

IOW send any real violations of copyright (our stance has been noted many times, do a search) to support@phpbb.com or PM James (theFinn).

Return to “2.0.x Discussion”