Search Engine Optimization

The 2.0.x discussion forum has been locked; this will remain read-only. The 3.0.x discussion forum has been renamed phpBB Discussion.
flashweb

Search Engine Optimization

Post by flashweb » Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:49 pm

Hi,

I just upgraded my phpBB to v2.0.8.

I was using following SEO MOD's on my forum

1) Able2Know Search Engine Optimization 1.0.2
2) phpbb_mod_seo_url2html

It seems phpBB v2.0.8 includes the Able2Know SEO, removing the session ID. I can't find any session id on my forums URLs when i am not loged in. Do i need to use Able2Know SEO with new phpBB ?

url2html, i was using. I don't think it will help much, also i feel like its confusing as the same phpBB data can now access with php and html url's. So i think its better not to use this, hope search engines will like my viewtopic.php?t=1456 urls. HTML have any advantage over such php urls ?

Regards,

Yujin Boby

A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut » Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:07 pm

No, phpBB does not add any new SEO to 2.0.8 (unless you're comparing it to a really old version, say 2.0.4).

Search engine bots typically prefer links without a lot of ? and & in them...but it really shouldn't matter that much IMO
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish

romans1423
Name: Rick Beckman

Post by romans1423 » Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:51 pm

The session changes that the Able2Know SEO MOD includes are not present in 2.0.8; check sessions.php if you want.

Further, the latest version of that MOD includes a "friendly URL" addition as well, though it is completely optional and I still don't think it's necessary.

Return to “2.0.x Discussion”