Question about moving to new host iPowerweb and new bb phpbb

The 2.0.x discussion forum has been locked; this will remain read-only. The 3.0.x discussion forum has been renamed phpBB Discussion.
eteune

Question about moving to new host iPowerweb and new bb phpbb

Post by eteune »

I am thinking of moving my site to iPowerweb, great price and features, but it uses phpbb and I am using Yabb SE. I could install Yabb SE there but they already have phpbb and php nuke and a guest book and a blogger tool, etc. etc. so I guess I would just transfer everything over to phpbb.

Does anyone have an opinion about iPowerweb as a host and does a transfer script for moving from yabbse to phpbb exist (I assume) and does it work well and is it worth it to switch? Also, does anyone have experience using php nuke with phpbb?

thanks

Ed
MoonBuggy
Former Team Member

Post by MoonBuggy »

Firstly I would like to welcome you to phpBB, however this site is not the place for discussion of your chosen host - if you are looking for opinions please ask elsewhere.

As for transferring to phpBB, there is a script here although we do not support the Nuke modified version of our software.
Above post comprised entirely of opinions © MoonBuggy. Cash value £0.02. Not redeemable in all stores. Check our website for full terms and conditions. Opinions come with no warranty either expressed or implied. ;)
eteune

place to discuss hosts for phpbb

Post by eteune »

Ok, thanks for the reply, also gratefully received private message that gave me essential info on ipowerweb. Let's just say I won't be switching. :wink:
Do you have an area to discuss hosts?
I think you should, every other message board producct forum I have seen has one so people and especially noobies like me can find a good host for the product. Without a good host, you can't use phpbb, now can you? :o
Draegonis
Former Team Member

Post by Draegonis »

Return to “2.0.x Discussion”