phpPP Team

The 2.0.x discussion forum has been locked; this will remain read-only. The 3.0.x discussion forum has been renamed phpBB Discussion.
weiThorn

Post by weiThorn »

This is actually my first post.

I'm an advanced PHP/MySQL masta! And have the certificates to prove it. I strive to develop "normalized" code to make programming easier. I have worked on a few portal systems for major companies. The latest can be found at http://www.southern-heritage.com. This portal system is a little more extensive. There is one master member and 17,000+ sub members. The master has rights to post products, news and so forth. Each sub member has a sub site, built off the master site. A sub site can have a different style, photo, welcome message, etc.

I'm also working on a new simular project at http://www.clanbank.com, but dont have anything to show yet :D

Thats it. i think i could provide a helping hand for the portal project.
Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 »

I'm Nuttzy99

I like rainy days, kittens, and big.....

:oops: ....been reading too many of those playmate profiles :lol: Is this thread really going to serve any purpose? Please close if it is not going to be used.

Thanks,
-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
No Support via PM please!
cdprowl

New Project

Post by cdprowl »

I know of a new project there can be after the forum is complete. Why not build a chat program that is free and can compete with http://www.digichat.com. They have a good chat program but I am not thinking about paying$399 just to use it. I know if this forum can be created then that chat could be created.

P.S. In the words of Jay and Silent Bob "Snootchie Bootchies" :wink:
[rAv]Reaper

I'll help

Post by [rAv]Reaper »

Hello,

I have been working with PHP for about 5 years, I have developed my own portal which powers a few sites right now. Though it is not as crazy with features as phpNuke. Thought I like phpBB , I think it would be good to create a portal out of it.

http://www.ravcrew.ca/resume/

Thats just my resume, it gets updated every so often as I find time to do it.
-[rAv]Reaper
ski me

Post by ski me »

Hmm...I don't know but I guess you can count me in as GFX designer (graphics for all of you dont knowers out there) Umm well at least 2nd to DrSubBlue. Well, I have expirience in a couple software the rankings are 1-5 (5) being most expirienced.
  • Adobe Photoshop 6.0 (getting 7 soon) 4.5
  • Adobe Image Ready 3
  • Other Adobe 3
  • CorelDRAW 10.0 (best) 5
  • Macromedia Flash MX 3.5
  • Macromedia Fireworks 3.5
  • Swish 2.0 5
  • Ulead GIF Animator 5

That is all I can think of for now, I have designed a bunch of logos for multiple companies including Lakes medical center and I have just recently purchased the TRIPLEX FONT !!!! So I have to ability to make it flow baby!!
Proud Admin Of :
http://www.kazaalite.com
Spyware free file sharing
http://www.runesi.com
The Ultimate Runescape Community
erossetto

Post by erossetto »

just a question, is phpBB Portal devs group closed?
^^^^
erossetto

Post by erossetto »

Well, thanks for your time to reply my question. :P
^^^^
Matthijs
Former Team Member

Post by Matthijs »

erossetto wrote: just a question, is phpBB Portal devs group closed?

Yes it is.
phpBB Converter Team Member
Developer of the vBulletin 2.x.x -> phpBB 2.0.x Converter
See Matthijs.net for more info
erossetto

Post by erossetto »

erossetto wrote: Well, thanks for your time to reply my question. :P

Again, now with :D
^^^^
Tanman

When would it be released?

Post by Tanman »

I know I may sound impatient, but when can we expect this to be released?

I'm just real excited that this would be produced after I have seen phpbb in action. From the posts, it looks like it started in November, so does that mean development has been underway for some time now? :D

I will be watching this closely as to when it will be released.
Thanks.

Tanman
Fubonis

Post by Fubonis »

Developement started when phpBB 2.0.0 was released. I believe the ETA is when 2.2.0 is released, and the ETA for that was a year, I think. I dunno. I seem to remember this...or maybe my memory is playing tricks.
phpBB, more like idon'tlikeyouorwhatyoupostedsoi'lllockyourtopicandthendeleteitBB m i rite???
Tanman

Post by Tanman »

I see. I suppose then I have to wait in anticipation for them to release it. :-D
Matthijs
Former Team Member

Post by Matthijs »

The Portal will likely be released after phpBB 2.2.
Development has not really kicked in, since we will be using some core features of phpBB 2.2 that are not yet finished.

I know it's hard to keep waiting for the Portal Team to release something, but we don't want to make just another Portal, it should make a real difference. This takes time and carefull consideration on how to implement the Portal Core.

Just keep your pants on and if you can't wait, try one of the existing CMS/Portal systems that have a phpBB Module. Be sure you don't get hooked on it, because we expect you to upgrade to our Portal when we release ;)
phpBB Converter Team Member
Developer of the vBulletin 2.x.x -> phpBB 2.0.x Converter
See Matthijs.net for more info
Tanman

Post by Tanman »

I know it's hard to keep waiting for the Portal Team to release something, but we don't want to make just another Portal, it should make a real difference. This takes time and carefull consideration on how to implement the Portal Core.

Its no problem Matthijs. I understand the development that goes into it. You guys design great stuff and its very straight forwrd to install. What you just said is proof "but we don't want to make just another Portal, it should make a real difference. This takes time and carefull consideration on how to implement the Portal Core. "
Just keep your pants on and if you can't wait, try one of the existing CMS/Portal systems that have a phpBB Module. Be sure you don't get hooked on it, because we expect you to upgrade to our Portal when we release .

Please don;t misunderstand me as being impaitient.Basically I'm saying that keep up the great work that you guys have put into designing phpbb and the new portal. I guess its the anticipation.

By the time its released, I guess I would be salivating. :P

Cheers man, :D

Tanman
|Foobar1

Post by |Foobar1 »

uh, where is it then?
2.2.0 is on the verge of being released
NEE

Return to “2.0.x Discussion”