Creating Custom Emoticons

The 2.0.x discussion forum has been locked; this will remain read-only. The 3.0.x discussion forum has been renamed phpBB Discussion.
monko

Creating Custom Emoticons

Post by monko » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:39 pm

This isn't a request for someone to do as such for me, more like a question for those that have done it before.

If you have created your own before, what programs (if any) did you use to do so? Any suggestions??

A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:02 pm

That depends on who you ask. Some designers swear by Photoshop, some by Illustrator (both by Adobe), some by Macromedia Fireworks.

I like photoshop, but that is the only one I have experince with.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish

goa103

Re: Creating Custom Emoticons

Post by goa103 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:42 pm

monko wrote: This isn't a request for someone to do as such for me, more like a question for those that have done it before.

If you have created your own before, what programs (if any) did you use to do so? Any suggestions??

Sorry I'm a bit too late on this one :). My advice would be to use a vector graphics software like Inkscape. For example Jimmac, the man behind GNOME icons, use it to design all GNOME icons. You can see a screenshot of its desktop in the Screenshots category of the website or view the inkscape-0.41-CVS-jimmac screenshot.

If you're not into vector graphics my advice would be to pick a cheaper tool that Photoshop, try Paint Shop Pro for example, it's really an amazing tool. There are also some other tools out there : The GIMP, Photo Impact, Skencil (vector), Sodipodi (vector)...

Return to “2.0.x Discussion”